Monday Mini-Report November 26 2012

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

I hope those of you who celebrate Thanksgiving Day had a very nice one with friends and family. I also hope many of you enjoyed a long weekend.

My Thanksgiving was bittersweet. The shocking and unexpected death of my friend Kevin Lowry (massive heart attack; age 50!) was startling and sad news on Wednesday night. It put me in a reflective mood over the weekend. I wasn’t depressed, but I was caught in thought and emotions that made me introspective and a bit melancholy. It made me think about my own life and the many wonderful people in it with me. That’s why I didn’t post anything over the long weekend. I wanted to be alone with my thoughts and swirl of mixed emotions. In a way, it made this Thanksgiving Day more precious and meaningful.

Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t mope around all weekend, I just wanted to be alone. I had a few one on one conversations, I took care of a bunch of business matters, selected the items for dozens and dozens of Christmas Surprise Packages (keep those orders coming in -- time is running out on this offer), signed a few hundred books for those same Grab Bags, reviewed a new version of a contract, and tackled some changes I want to make.

I spent a lot of time at the office over the holiday weekend, but I also enjoyed a delicious Thanksgiving meal prepared by Kathy’s daughter, Tina, took time to do some Black Friday shopping, had Alex come over one evening, paid my respects at the funeral home Sunday evening, and saw the movie, The Life of Pi. I wish I had the entire long weekend off to relax, but I feel good about the worktime I put in and interspersed it with time for me and loved ones.

This morning, I tackled the latest Grab Bags, reviewed changes to a contract, spoke with my attorney at length, spoke to two freelancers for awhile, coordinated things with Julius, Wayne and Alex, addressed some changes wanted by Harmony Gold, did some advertising and now I’m writing this Murmur. ;)

Wayne is working on getting Robotech® Genesis Pits typeset and laid out so we can get it to the printer by the week’s end. Approvals, changes and approvals on the changes have been coming in at a steady pace. So has artwork. Robotech® fans should be pleased.

I may have to sequester myself away and be unavailable for the next week or two, so I can finish the writing on Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook to get it released in December. That may mean only a few, very short Murmurs, minimal presence on Facebook and keeping my nose to the grindstone. Books, books, books. That’s our mantra. Need to get new books out! Hope you understand.

It’s crazy. Today is a typical day. I’m working on business related things all day long. As of 8:00 PM as I write this, I’ve put in 13 hours of work, plan to put in a couple more and there is still so much to do. But we’re getting there and these are very exciting times.

Keep the faith and game on!

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda

© Copyright November 26, 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”