Action-Packed Friday Mini-Report – November 9, 2012

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

It has been a strange week. I still feel like I’m running a Marathon, only this week there were detours and all kinds of obstacles and strange things hurled in our path.

I did a little writing, put out some unexpected fires, dealt with a variety of weirdness, felt emotionally up, then down, exhausted, positive, then frustrated, and finally waaaay up again.

On the positive spectrum of things:

1. Kathy’s Halloween Display won First Place in the Halloween Contest. This is the third time out of four competitions we won 1st Place. We picked up the prize package today, and it was full of cool stuff. Including some True Blood, Dexter and Walking Dead memorabilia and DVDs. Very nice. Kathy was tickled pink. Okay, so was I. :)

2. Approvals and changes for Robotech® Genesis Pits continue to roll in from Harmony Gold and artwork is being assigned. Last night I finished writing some of the changes and additions they requested, submitted them today, and things are moving forward.

3. I did a little writing for Vampires Sourcebook and hope to get a lot done over the weekend. I also hope to catch a movie or two in the theater.

4. Keeping other projects moving.

5. Online sales started out slow and remained sluggish all week, but overnight sales jumped up and the week ended strong.

6. People are loving the Christmas Surprise Packages and I’ve gotten many heartfelt thank yous and kind words. FYI: It's our pleasure. We try to make every Surprise Package special and fun.

7. Something unexpected, fun and uplifting happened last night. Palladium was contacted by someone interested in one of our I.P.s. Something that could lead to a new friend in Hollywood and, well, who knows what. I can’t say much at this stage, and it is independent of the Disney/Bruckheimer Rifts® movie project, but I can say I had a fun conversation last night and expect more to follow. My agent is on it. Fingers crossed.

I always get a kick when I find out a Hollywood personality (actor, writer, director, etc.) used to play one or more Palladium’s games (often Rifts®), thinks of me as a celebrity, and wants to develop the I.P. he or she loved in their youth. I’m endlessly amazed at the people who have been inspired and influenced by the games I’ve written and worlds I’ve created. It’s a very good feel. Very rewarding. I really hope this opportunity pans out, because I’m a fan of this person and it would be ... well, fun and cool.

Otherwise, we continue to juggle too many balls in the air but remain positive and excited about upcoming releases and Palladium’s future.

You feel that? It’s the wind of change and good fortune blowing through our hair. ;) Have a great weekend and keep those imaginations burning bright.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Surrogate Santa

© Copyright November 9, 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”