Halloween was great -- November 1, 2012

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

I hope your Halloween was a much fun as ours. We had a great time. An estimated 300-350 smiling kids came trick-or-treating. I lost count after 150. Our neighbor across the street ran out of candy after an hour. Btw, that number does not include parents and plenty of teenagers and adults who came by to enjoy our sprawling Halloween display. It was non-stop visitors from 5:00 PM till 10:00 PM. One lady even brought her 87 year old mother to see the display.

We were showered with an endless cavalcade of praise for our display which made us happy and proud. “Awesome.” “I’ve never seen anything like this.” “It’s better than a haunted house.” “Amazing.” “Oh my gosh.” “Wonderful.” “You must really love Halloween.” “How long does it take you to put all this up?” And, “Where do you store all of it?” Were common comments and questions we heard all night long.

Kathy Simmons deserves 75% of the credit as the true, creative genius behind the wonderful (ever growing) display, but we're both always thrilled by the laughter, oohs, ahhs, and screams of delight from children of all ages. :D

In addition to trick-or-treaters, we had 17 friends and neighbors come over to join in the fun. Kathy made her usual range of delicious food, plus goodies. Yum. I probably ate too much all around, including some pastries, fruit and candy, but must have been active enough and eaten at proper intervals as my blood sugar levels were well within desired limits. Cool. It’s good to have my diabetes so well under control.

I had worked at the office till a little after 6:00 PM and then enjoyed the night of fun and festivity. Took lots of pictures and enjoyed the food and good company. We turned off the lights at midnight, but it wasn’t until 1:00 AM before I hit the sack. Got up at 7:20 this morning, ate breakfast and Kathy and I ran around to Spirit Halloween and elsewhere to take advantage of post-Halloween sales, getting stuff at 50% off for next year’s expanded display.

I got to the office about a half an hour before noon today, took care of various business matters, finished the Weekly Update, wrote this Murmur, packed the van full for Youmacon, and now Wayne and I are getting ready to head out to set up our booth in the dealers' room. I hope we sell a lot at this convention, because it’s chewing up much of the weekend. I know it will be fun.

That’s it for now. Feeling tuckered out from the excitement of Halloween and reeling from the news that the Walt Disney Company purchased Lucasfilm and Star Wars. Wow.

The Weekly Update will get posted and emailed before we leave. Game on and have a nice weekend.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Ghoulmaster

© Copyright November 1, 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”