Crazy Busy week -- October 31, 2012

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Crazy Busy week -- October 31, 2012

Unread post by Kevin »

Another week of whirlwind activity -- October 31, 2012 Update

Yow, this has been a crazy busy week. Tuesday, Wayne Smith and I worked till 10:30 PM on laying out the 2012-2013 Palladium Catalog . We need to get it in by today to take advantage of special savings offered by our printer. Looks good. Goes in later today. Should be available on DriveThruRPG in a few days. Available as a physical 48 page catalog in a couple of weeks.

Meanwhile, I’ve been doing a little bit of all kinds of stuff all week. Worked a little on Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook, been getting everything together for YoumaCon – a big anime convention (10,000-15,000 people) in downtown Detroit, discussions with my attorney and reviewing the work agreement for the stellar team that will be helping us to develop the Robotech® RPG Tactics game and game pieces, juggling money and paying bills, pulling Surprise Packages, and taking care of a wide range of things that needed to get done. Whew. I feel like I’ve I’ve been on the go since the weekend.

Rifts® Logo T-shirts back in stock in all sizes

We picked up the re-release of Palladium fan-fave Rifts® Logo T-shirt in ALL SIZES -- Small to 5x. For a long time it has only been available in XL. In fact, it is back in stock just in time for X-Mas because you guys and gals kept asking us to do so. Enjoy. FYI: Because it is, in effect, a new (and pricey to make) item, only a few will be made available for Christmas Surprise Packages.

UPDATE: Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook. When I’ve been able to find the time work on it, I remain on fire writing! Great book. Lots of new material.

UPDATE: Robotech® Genesis Pits. We should start getting approvals on text any day.

YoumaCon – This weekend – November 1-4 at Cobo Hall – Downtown Detroit.

Alex, Julius, Wayne and I will all be there to chat, sign books and sell stuff. Please, join the fun. Getting ready for a convention is a lot more work than I think people imagine. I spent a few hours figuring out how much our booth can hold, the most effective configuration, which books and prints to bring (most of them, and being in our hometown we can run out to grab anything else someone might want), and being an anime convention, which toys to bring. I had planned to take Sunday off, but I spent a couple hours writing and 5 hours digging through my toy collection. Then Alex spent a few hours pricing the things for me. We still have to pack the van and set up Thursday afternoon.

Happy Halloween!

I hope most of you have fun plans for tonight and have a blast. As I noted in the past, Halloween is huge for us – easily as big as Christmas, maybe bigger. Hurricane Sandy was pretty rough on our massive Halloween display over the last few days. I spent a couple hours last night trying to fix things up and Kathy will be spending several hours later today to get the display looking decent. A lot of it was knocked apart and a few things broken (winds of 25-45 mph with gusts up to 60 mph).

To our friends and fans along the Atlantic Coast

Of course, the damage to our Halloween display is inconsequential compared to the carnage unleashed along the East Coast by Hurricane Sandy, especially along the Virginias, New Jersey, New York, Maryland and others coastal communities. We know how traumatic and devastating such a disaster is, not just to property, but the emotional toll as well. Please, try not to despair, try to focus on your loved ones and having survived, and the good things you still have in your life. That includes Palladium Books. Please know we are thinking of you and sending you our warmest thoughts and prayers.

That’s it for now. I’ll be knocking off early today (around 5:30 PM) to hand out candy to a couple hundred children (if the weather doesn't keep them away) and to enjoy Halloween with many of my own friends and loved ones. Take care and have a magical Halloween.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Ghoulmaster

© Copyright October 31, 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”