Saturday Update, October 27, 2012

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

Friday morning I found myself struggling with writing on Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook, so I stopped to hammer out a bunch of overdue contracts and get out PR copies of The Rifter® #60. Turns out that was a good plan. The break did me good, because when I went back to writing Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook I was on fire! Does it sound bad to say that I impressed myself with the ideas and writing I was firing off? Like I said, I was on fire and this is going to be another great book. And the Werecat Vampire Hunter O.C.C. by Matthew Clements, pure gold.

UPDATE: Robotech® Genesis Pits. I spoke briefly with Tommy Yune at Harmony Gold on Friday evening. We got the changes they want on the cover art (all minor stuff) and I was told we should begin getting the approvals/changes for text early next week! Meanwhile, Wayne finished his editing on the last text sections and they will be sent to Harmony Gold on Monday.

Today, Saturday, I got to the office at 10:00 AM. I spent most of the day working on Palladium’s new Winter 2012/2013 Catalog. Alex arrived in the afternoon to do the editing, and Wayne is busy working on the typesetting and layout even as you read this. It’s been much too long since we have had a new catalog.

Online sales have slowed down so far this weekend, but I’m sure they’ll pick up.

Alex has added a half-dozen or so Palladium Collectibles to my online store. TMNT books with Erick Wujcik’s autograph. Good ol’ Erick made of a point of coming to the Palladium office in January 2008 when he knew he was dying, to sign a dozen or so copies of many titles he worked on. He did so to help Palladium, to have items to sell for his estate and to continue to give to the fans. What a guy. I’m putting some of the dwindling number of those items in my store in time for Christmas. Most are in very good to near mint condition (many like new) and well, there won’t be any more books with Erick’s autograph, so they are a bit pricey, but true collectibles. I was tempted to say I miss that guy, but I’ve felt like he’s been with me lately as I write and I've been filled with good memories of him. Of both Erick and my Dad. It’s a nice feeling. My Dad was a huge Detroit Tigers baseball fan, so I think of him often as the Tigers play in the World Series. Go Tigers!

It’s going on 7:30 PM, I’m hungry and heading home for the night. Keep those imaginations burning and enjoy the weekend.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Surrogate Santa

© Copyright October 27, 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”