Mini-Update October 16, 2012

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

Whew, I have been buried in work.

I worked through the weekend and spent the last two days working on the contract/work agreement with the awesome team we plan to do the 1/285th Robotech® game pieces with. And when I say two days, I mean, two, solid, 12 hour days of non-stop work. It’s in the attorney’s hands now. Almost there.

Speaking of Robotech®, somehow I missed tweaking a small hunk of the Genesis Pits Sourcebook (I put it in a different file and forgot about it – what a dope), so I put Vampires Sourcebook aside for the moment to finish work on the last 35 pages of the Genesis Pit manuscript to get it completely done. The rest of the book has been sent to Harmony Gold for approval.

The Rifter #60 is on track to ship next Monday.

https://palladium-store.com/1001/produc ... er-60.html

The Rifter #50 came in early. It looks great and is available for order, right now.

https://palladium-store.com/1001/produc ... Issue.html

UPDATE: Vampires Sourcebook, I’ve had little time to work on this book over the last week, but should be able to dedicate ALL my time on it in a couple of days. The writing should go quick on this one.

UPDATE: Northern Gun One. Chuck Walton stopped by the office last weekend to drop off a nice stack of Northern Gun artwork. Wow. He’s working on the finishes for the rest.

Palladium artist and pal, Apollo Okamura, was in town on business, so he came by the office to visit before his flight out. We haven't seen him in 2-3 years so it was a nice surprise. While here he signed several stacks of books for the Christmas Surprise Packages. Like I said, everyone at Palladium enjoys doing their part to make the Surprise Packages special for our fans. I hope to get Mark Dudley in sometime soon.

Apollo has tentatively committed to doing the cover for the first of the two UEEF Marine books.

Online sales have been excellent. Christmas Surprise Packages have been selling like wild, but regular sales have been solid as well.

Otherwise, I’ve been paying bills, plotting strategies for product releases and advertising, and dealing with the grind of day to day business.

Today was a beautiful, sunny day. We haven’t seen the sun in something like 10 days. It has been drizzling, cloudy or raining forever, and cold too. I think the glorious sun and visiting with Apollo for a couple hours gave my spirits a much needed boost, as I’m feeling quite energized.

I probably shouldn’t, but I’m working late tonight. I need to get caught up with book releases. I’m hoping to finish the forgotten Robotech® material by tomorrow and then it's Vampires and Northern Gun in time for the holidays. Oh yeah.

I'll try to get back into the routine of posting a little bit every day again.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Surrogate Santa

© Copyright October 16, 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”