Weekend Update September 30, 2012

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

I’m having a great weekend.

Friday was productive. I had and excellent meeting with Alex earlier that morning, Wayne made progress on The Rifter® #60 and I posted a Murmur about Mark Dudley’s Kickstarter venture.

I spent a good hunk of the day reviewing some legal agreements, and later that day, several things broke Palladium’s way. I had an excellent conversation with the folks who we hope to be handling much of the Robotech® work regarding the development of the Robotech® Tactical RPG and production of the 1/285th game pieces. I also heard back from Harmony Gold, did some writing, had a nice meeting with Chuck Walton and met his brother Chris, as well as took care of some other business.

Saturday, Wayne Smith came in to work on The Rifter® #60. We are a day or two off from where we want to be, but the issue is coming along very well and is impressive. Alex also came in to do some work.

As for myself, I did some work at home, and helped Kathy with setting up her massive Halloween display. What was supposed to be a couple of hours before I went to the office, turned into most of the day. At 4:00 PM I was literally getting into the car to go to Palladium when some family members drove up for a surprise visit. We had a very nice visit, but it killed the rest of the day. At 6:00 PM, Wayne came over and the three of us set out to see comedian and podcaster, Marc Maron. It was a small venue in Ferndale, Michigan, called The Magic Bag. We got excellent seats near the front and Marc Maron killed. I don’t think any of us have laughed that hard in a long time. At the show, I got to meet Maron for a few minutes and he signed the comedy CD I purchased. Nice. It was great to actually get away and have some fun for an entire evening.

Sunday, I got up at 6:30 AM feeling my batteries recharged and still in dynamo-mode. I ate breakfast, helped Kathy with a few things and got to the office by 8:30 AM. I need to write my portion of The Rifter® today and will be getting back to the last of the Robotech® Genesis Pits™ editing. I suspect I’ll be done with it by tomorrow or Tuesday. Likewise, The Rifter® should be done by Tuesday or Wednesday. Then I dive into Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook. Can hardly wait.

That’s it for now. More tomorrow.

Keep those imaginations burning bright.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, Game Designer and Pal of Mark Dudley

© Copyright September 30, 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”