The power of imagination

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

The power of imagination

Unread post by Kevin »

The power of imagination

Palladium’s very own Mark Dudley is spearheading a cool concept and start-up operation he and his teammates are calling the Imaginos Workshop and a comic book they call Imaginos Plus.

The Imaginos Workshop is a think tank of artists, writers and creators dedicated to helping others learn to unleash their imaginations as well as a vehicle by which to unleash their own. This includes hosting Imaginos Workshops for young people to show them how to unleash their creative talents and dare to dream. How awesome is that?

The personal mission of the Imaginos Workshop founders is to give new talent a home. A place where they can generate intellectual properties for comic books, TV pilots and movie scripts.

To launch this ambitious project, they are starting with their driving passion for comic books and the launch of a comic book title they’re calling Imaginos Plus. It is an anthology comic book to introduce three core comic book ideas: Requiem (sci-fi conspiracy), Candy Coated (superhero humor inspired by RPG adventures while playing Heroes Unlimited!) and Juda Fist (superhero drama and martial arts action).

Mark Dudley and I are close friends, so I have some unique insight to these projects and the people behind them. The idea behind Candy Coated is hilarious, Juda Fist (100% Mark Dudley) sounds like it rocks, and Requiem is intriguing.

If given the chance via their current Kickstarter, I, for one, would like to see what these creative minds can accomplish. They already have the entire script for each comic done, and are busy completing the pencil art for the comic book pages. A successful Kickstarter will enable them to pay the inkers and colorists, and cover the cost of printing of the first issue of Imaginos Plus. Who knows where things may go from there.

Most of you are familiar with Mark Dudley through his artwork that has appeared in numerous Palladium publications. What you may not know is that this man is an idea factory with a passion for telling dynamic stories in comic book and other visual mediums. He’s a guy who tries to help others and give fledgling talent a chance to showcase their abilities. Mark is also one heck of a Game Master and, through thick and thin, he’s been a long-time supporter of Palladium Books.

I’m giving Mark and Imaginos Workshop my support. I invite you to take a look at their Kickstarter and if you like what you see, I encourage you to lend them your support as well, even if it’s a $1, $5 or $10 pledge. Every little bit helps and it all adds up. Oh, and if you choose to support Imaginos Plus, please spread the word so others can find and support this venture too. Palladium started out small like this, and look at all the things we’ve accomplished over the years. Who knows, this could be the start of something new and exciting.

Good luck with this Kickstarter, Mark. Whether it succeeds or fails (and I hope you reach your Kickstarter goal), I applaud you, Joe and the rest of the Imaginos crew for sticking your necks out and taking a chance. I love to see creative people dare to try to bring their dreams to life.

I'll be posting this in the October 4th Weekly Update as well.

Oh, here is the Kickstarter url:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/185 ... ok-sampler

Thanks for your time reading this. Keep those imaginations burning bright.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, Game Designer and Pal of Mark Dudley

© Copyright September 28, 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”