No more funk -- Quick Update

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

No more funk -- Quick Update

Unread post by Kevin »

Quick Update – September 24, 2012

The Alliance Open House (a trade show with our largest distributor) knocked me out of my funk. Conventions and events like this are usually excellent in helping me get my groove back. In fact, Saturday, the day we chat with Retailers, I was in top form talking up our game lines and exchanging information and ideas.

We had several people tell us to consider making a Rifts® board game, and most everyone LOVED the idea of the Robotech® Tactical Role-Playing Game and other Robotech® game pieces. Everyone likes the idea of 1/285th scale too.

Of course, my favorite line from any retailer is, “Thank you for making me a lot of money.” We had at least 4-5 different retailers make that comment. I love it. We also signed books, hyped upcoming products and had several good chats with Alliance sales people and staff about promoting our products and other good things. I enjoyed all the feedback and conversations I had with retailers and it was a successful trip.

I spent most of Sunday working with Kathy building a quartet of new “ghouls” for our Halloween display. We’ve extended the “Chop Shop” scene along the side of the house to include a lab on the front porch. There is a large cage/prison cell containing two werewolves reaching out of the cage, a mad doctor and a Frankenstein Monster-sorta creature in chains. It’s sweet.

Monday morning, I woke up raring to go. Kathy is on vacation this week, so we ran some morning errands together. Before I could get back to the office, however, I started feeling sick. Feverish, headache, fatigued. When we got home. I laid down and slept for a few hours. I felt a bit better and went to the office for a few hours, but I’m still sluggish and feeling under the weather.

I hope I’m fighting off whatever bug is trying to take hold. So far, it’s nothing serious, and I don’t have time to get sick! Besides, I have writing and editing to finish and I have several correspondences and business calls this week. Hopefully, I’ll wake up feeling great tomorrow morning. :wink:

It’s going on 8:30 PM, so I’m going to call it a night. More tomorrow. Game on!

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, and Game Designer

© Copyright September 24, 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”