I’m in a funk

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

I’m in a funk

Unread post by Kevin »

I’m in a funk.

All projects are moving forward.

Sales are solid (that’s saying a lot for September).

Creative energy at Palladium Books and among freelancers is soaring to new heights.

The excitement level is off the chart.

And there are sooo many things going on behind the scenes. Exciting things. Some small, some big. All are things our fans will love. Ah, but will any of them come to fruition? Time will tell. Until then, I don’t want to get anybody’s hopes up by talking about them.

Best of all, lots and lots of people think Palladium is back. That’s way exciting. It feels like it to us too. It feels like positive things are all falling into place and building to a boiling point in a good way. That at some point in the months ahead, Palladium is going to explode back into prominence.

So why have I been feeling funky the last few days, then? That’s why I haven’t posted much this week.

I suspect part of it is after everything we’ve fought through, I’m afraid to believe all the good things boiling. I’m afraid if I say it out loud, (Palladium's back and we're gonna rock your imaginations) that it will all fall apart.

I suspect another part of it is having so many balls in the air and waiting for any of the many things to finalize. The anticipation is murder.

Meanwhile, the hours of every day just seem to zoom by. And I mean zoom. I don’t know where the day goes, it is gone so fast. I guess that’s good, but I seldom feel like I’ve gotten enough done. I feel like I’m behind and playing catch-up or juggling 20 things all the time. (Which I guess I am). I’m working all the time, so are the guys, yet despite that, deadlines keep getting pushed back and I worry that we’re disappointing our fans, even though we’re doing everything we can.

I try to take solace in the fact that we have soooo much good stuff happening and we have so many great products in development. Most of the time it helps, but this week I still feel antsy . . . pent up or something.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not depressed or down, quite the opposite. I’m just in some kind of frustrated funk. I want books out yesterday. I’m tired of dealing with twinks and having my time stolen away by people offering opportunities but don’t deliver.

Anyway, I guess this Murmur is more of a musing, or talking out loud, more than anything else. Things are good in the wonderful world of Palladium Books. I just wish they were better, faster, I think. I wish all the books were done and to the printer so you could be enjoying them right now.

Even though it is work, Wayne and I are looking forward to the Alliance Open House and then it’s back to the grindstone.

Hey, for the latest updates and positivity, check out the latest Weekly Update.

http://www.palladiumbooks.com/index.php ... er-20-2012

Stay frosty. Stay positive and dare to dream. But don't stop there, dare to follow that dream. That’s exactly what we’re doing at Palladium.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, and Game Designer

© Copyright September 20, 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered
Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”