Mini-Update September 11, 2012

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

I put in half the time I had expected to on Robotech® Genesis Pits Sourcebook over the weekend, so, as you might expect, I got half as much done. I was going slow over the weekend too. Frustrating, but the book is looking very good.

Man oh man, it has been another crazy, busy couple of days.

Monday, I was happy to see weekend sales picked up nicely from last week's slump and were surprisingly strong. Awesome. Thank you.

I started Monday at 7:00 AM in the warehouse where I spent a couple hours straightening up the warehouse in preparation for a few things and then a couple hours on a secret project that will be revealed in Thursday’s Weekly Update.

When the whole Palladium crew was in, we had an hour meeting discussing schedules, priorities (getting books to the printer) and the future of Palladium Books. Btw, it is all very promising. And set some short term and long term goals.

Next, I took care of several correspondences, spoke with Julius and Wayne and got them to agree to commit to a couple of small convention/gaming events coming up in the area (one this Saturday and one in October, plus I have a trade show coming up), and assigned the last of The Rifter® #60 artwork.

After that, I spent some time at the bank to secure funding for the initial step of the Robotech® Tactical RPG. The visit to the bank went well and I think we're set for the initial steps forward. While in the area, I dropped off some mail at the post office, ran a few errands and headed back to the office.

I ended my day spending 4-5 hours on making notes and writing an outline for the Robotech® Tactical RPG project.

When the dust cleared, it was 9:45 PM and I needed to head home to collapse. It was a busy day where I juggled a lot of balls, but I felt like I got quite a bit moving forward.

Today, Tuesday, September 11, my day at the office again started at 7:00 AM. I walked for a half hour, fed the birds, signed some books, and checked my email (though I’m still behind on my correspondences – sorry Carl, Brandon, Greg, Hendrik and a few others).

At 8:45 AM, I had to go to the doctors to get an update on my diabetes and general health. I was a little nervous because I have felt a little off my game. I’ve been working longer hours than my doctors would like to see and my meals have been a bit irregular, which is not so good for a diabetic. I wasn’t sure what my blood test from the weekend would reveal.

Good news! I’m doing great. My doctor was amazed. Blood pressure perfect, back pain improved, and my blood sugar well under control and improved from the previous 6 months. For those of you who know what this means, my already very good A1C of 5.6 improved to 5.3 – in short, my “average” blood sugar level is well within “normal” range. Being at or around an A1C of 6 is considered very good for most diabetics. My doctor said I’m doing great and that she has never seen anyone get their blood sugar under control so fast, so well, and maintain it. She had reduced my meds by half three months ago and was tempted to take me completely off my Metformin (a daily pill), but decided to reduce it by half again (once a day at half the original amount of milligrams). Cool. If I still have things looking this good in December, she may take me off completely. I’ve been on cloud nine all morning since getting the good news.

After I finish this Murmur, I have a couple of scheduled telephone calls this afternoon, and Matthew Clements is coming by this evening to sign some books and discuss his next couple of projects. In between, I’m chipping away at the Robotech® Genesis Pits sourcebook.

Oh yeah, and the artwork that has come in for Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook looks sweet. I hope to be back working on that title by the darn weekend.

I hope you are all having as good a day as I am. Keep the faith. Good things are happening at Palladium Books. Game on!

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, and Game Designer

© Copyright September 11, 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered
Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”