Tuesday Mini-Report -- September 4 2012

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

I hope you enjoyed a nice weekend.

I actually took the last two days off to hang out with Kathy Simmons and help make life-size Halloween props of zombies. It's work but very fun and very different than my usual routine (which is part of the fun). Much to Kathy’s delight, five of her props sold over the weekend and I was helping her create some new ones. A new one went up in her store on Monday and we have a half finished zombie in hunting camo-fatigues almost done in the garage. A Crawler and female zombie are next, and maybe a Grim Reaper. When we weren’t building zombies we were talking, laughing, watching TV or running around. I also did a little gardening (mainly pulling out weeds and saplings). I enjoyed the break from the routine very much.

Now that I’m back at work I’m moving slow this morning. I got in at 7:30 AM and I have a million little things to finish up (like ads, contracts, paying bills, correspondences, etc.) as well as editing and writing.

I did do a little editing on Robotech® Genesis Pits over the weekend. And I enjoyed a three-hour meeting with Chuck Walton on Saturday. Part of it involved Northern Gun, part of it Splicers® and part of it just creative chit-chat. Man oh man is the art for NG-1 looking fantastic. Whew.

I also assigned much of the art for The Rifter® #60 and will be assigning the remainder today.

Wayne Smith is back from vacation. He had a nice time and spent the last three days lazying around and coming up with ideas for a possible new game product. He and I walked and talked about a number of things this morning, including ideas for what could turn into a new secret game project. It’s good to have Wayne back and I love his ideas for the new project, but right now, we need to stay focused on getting books out for the moment, and taking the next step to do the Robotech® game pieces.

Online sales started out great, plummeted and then rebounded a bit for a weekend of overall weak sales. I’m sure they will pick up.

If I was getting a cold, I seem to have beaten it, though I’m feeling droopy and sluggish. That's likely to have more to do with the weather than anything else, as it is hot, humid, rainy and gray outside. I have another chiropractor adjustment in an hour or so. When I get back, I need to get my can in gear and bang out books! :-D

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, and Game Designer

© Copyright September 4, 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered
Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”