Weekend Report – September 1, 2012

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

I think I’m a bit worn out and may be getting a cold.

I usually catch something from talking to and shaking the hands of a zillion people at Gen Con. So I was quite pleased with myself to have escaped such a fate this year. Then writer Carmen Bellaire pops in and announces he has strep throat. I avoided him and that fate too. (Thank goodness too, because I’ve had strep throat too often over the years and it lays me low for 3 weeks every time). Just this week, artist Ben Rodriguez dropped by sniffling with a cold and he may have given to me. I can’t tell for certain yet. It may be my allergies and just plain tiredness. I’ve been going at a 150 mph pace since before Gen Con, and I think I may be a tad worn out. It's just that I have so much to do, I don’t have time to slow down too much or take much time off. Though I may do just that tomorrow.

Earlier this afternoon, I laid down on the couch in my office to stretch my back, and the next thing I knew, I was waking up an hour and a half later. And I had slept in this morning till 8:00 AM., so I was surprised by the unscheduled nap. I feel much better, but remain a bit sluggish and not very hungry. Something I need to be careful about with my diabetes. Fear not, I'm doing well.

The Detroit Tiger’s baseball game probably didn’t help. It was fun and the Tigers beat the Chicago White Sox, despite weak pitching the first half of the game. Kathy and I had a nice time, but the 92 degree heat and humidity was draining. Thank goodness there was a frequent breeze blowing.

Work on Friday was busy and hectic. My accountant swung by to pick up some additional paperwork and he hung around to chat and catch up on the goings-on at Palladium Books. He was glad to hear 2012 was turning into a good year and that so many of you (and secretly, me and the Palladium crew) feel that this is Palladium’s “come-back year.” I almost laughed out loud when John said, “Well, you’re excellent at juggling many things,” because I’m often talking about "juggling" in these Murmurs. Funny.

I had run several errands yesterday, and dealt with some unrelated paperwork and business stuff. I also had Alex post a few new collectibles on my ebay store, I assigned out some Rifter #60 art, and I answered a handful of correspondences. I feel terrible, because I’m behind on answering telephone calls and private messages, but I’m pretty current on my emails and workload. And though I did not post a Murmur from the Megaverse® yesterday, I’ve been posting almost every day, as promised. So the juggling continues. ;)

I spoke to my old pal and investor, Thom, and he was happy to hear about Palladium’s plans, our many new projects and the growing excitement about our products and the company among gamers and industry people alike.

As if to punctuate the point, online sales have remained strong over the last few days. Very nice to see.

Artist Chuck Walton should be dropping by any time now. Until then I’ll be editing. I really should be writing contracts for artists and writers, but I want to do something fun and creative like editing Robotech® Genesis Pits or Vampires Sourcebook. Hey, I'm the boss! I can do what I want, right? (Yeah, if only.) But that's what I'm going to do, some writing and editing.

I hope most of you are enjoying the weekend and having fun.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, and Game Designer

© Copyright September 1, 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered
Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”