Wednesday Report, August 29 2012

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

My day started at 5:45 AM when I got up to go to work. Stopped at the Meijer’s store to pick up a few items for the office and house, got to the office around 7:30 AM, opened up doors to air the place out and let some nice, cool morning air come in, and fed the beasts. We had something like 40-50 Canadian geese show up this morning. I toss out bread I get by the cartload for dirt cheap at the Wonder Bread Outlet store (50+ loaves for $6 – lasts a week) and put out some seed for other birds. I did my exercise walk and got to work. I need to finish up my tax stuff.

I had a brief discussion with Julius when he got in at 9:00 AM about resolving a couple of customer problems and wrote what I hope will be a soft) rejection letter for a manuscript submission.

Carmen Bellaire dropped by around 10:30 AM. He and I discussed thoughts for Robotech® game pieces and the Robotech® Role-Playing Tactical Game, and related game mechanics and product packaging.

Just as Carmen was leaving, Mark Dudley called. We bandied about ideas for cross-promotion and advertising, before his lunch hour ended and he had to jump off.

As I write this Murmur, it’s going on noon. The rest of my day will be filled with what I hope is the last of my paperwork for a while. Then it's all creative work for the next few weeks. I can hardly wait!

Meanwhile, according to Mark Dudley, Gen Con, recent releases, increased advertising and other goings-on at Palladium are having a profound effect on fans and freelancers alike about Palladium Books, upcoming product and a bright future. I've seen it too. Palladium has a lot of momentum and excitement behind it. Fans are clamoring for new product and we're seeing more and more newcomers. Freelance artists and writers are coming up with ideas for new product and taking their craft to a new level. I can hardly wait to see what the New Year will bring -- and there are four months of this year left. Wow. If Palladium “is back,” I want to give people something to crow about.

I’ll post more tomorrow.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, and Game Designer

© Copyright August 29, 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered
Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”