Tuesday Mini-Report – August 21, 2012

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

Before I forget to mention it, I will be posting a series of Gen Con® reports in Murmurs from the Megaverse® all week long. The first is already posted. I hope you enjoy them.

Today was catch up day at the office.

When you’re gone for a week, there’s a lot of catching up to do.

I organized the Gen Con receipts, went over our sales number and put stuff away from the show. I skimmed my email and answered the most pressing ones, as well as sorted through the pile of mail waiting for my return. I made a bank run, deposited checks and ran a number of errands, that all took longer than I imagined, and I was out of the office most of the afternoon.

Wayne and I also dug through our Gen Con booty – items we purchased or traded for at the show and I spent some time bringing Julius and Alex up to speed on Gen Con highlights.

Wayne and I were dragging a bit, and both of us got in to work a little later than usual, but all in all, we got a lot done today.

Around 6:30 PM, Kathy and I ran out to dinner. Then I came back to the office to help her ship out a Halloween ghoul that had sold over the weekend (a zombie), and to write a couple of Murmurs. The first of several Gen Con Reports is posted for your enjoyment. I'll have Wayne include some photos in the Weekly Update.

All of a sudden my back started hurting and spasming – which is not good or fun. I've had back problems for a while, but this is new. I need to arrange for my physical therapy and get rolling on that front. It appears Gen Con took its toll on my back. Always something. Even with the shooting pain every 5-10 minutes, I’m still basking in the afterglow of Gen Con, where the fans were wonderful and the positive energy was amazing.

On the drive home from Gen Con, ideas were flying and inspiration remains high. Yikes, it's 10:00 PM, I need to go home. More tomorrow.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, and Game Designer

© Copyright August 21, 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered
Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”