It happened again . . .

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

It happened again . . .

Unread post by Kevin »

It happened again . . .

I was so busy yesterday that I forgot to post a Murmur. And today’s is late in the day. What the heck?

I spent 7 hours in the warehouse working on the Gen Con display, selecting and arranging product, stocking the rolling shelves we take, pricing items, etc. Just as I was wrapping up a couple hours Later, around 6:00 PM, Mark Dudley dropped by. We talked business, mainly the idea of doing comic books, and we oogled over Ramon K. Perez’s Eisner Award Winning book, A Tale of Sand (Wayne had his copy at the office, mine’s tucked away safely at home). It is a masterpiece of sequential storytelling worthy of Will Eisner himself, and a seminal work that up and coming comic book artists should study. At 7:00 PM, Chuck Walton swung by and more talk about art, comics and Palladium’s future ensued. Everyone is excited about all the projects in the pipeline, and not just the six books slated for this year.

Before I knew it, it was 8:00 PM and I was running late for dinner.

Friday was another busy, productive day. And we are all hyped up about Gen Con. The display is done and it looks great. I picked up the last few display images this morning (Saturday, August 11). In addition to seeing fans, making sales, and hanging with friends we see once or twice a year, I hope to make some contacts and connections at Gen Con regarding the design and manufacturing of Robotech® game pieces.

This morning was different for a change. Kathy and I ran some errands in the morning, hit an estate sale where I picked up some books that I think Alex might like for Christmas, and we laughed a lot as we usually do. I got to the office around 2:00 PM. After watering the plants, feeding the birds and enjoying a visit from the neighborhood friendly squirrel (I always have some peanuts and sunflower seeds for the little fella), I went to work on framing some prints and gathering some original art and collectibles to take to Gen Con.

Alex just popped in to see how things are going and filled me in on some interest in a possible Rifts license. We'll see if this one goes anywhere. I’ll be heading home in a couple hours to relax with Kathy. Tomorrow, I hope to help her make some of her famous “ghouls” for her online store: queenofghouls.com, but I'll probably pop in to the office for a few hours.

Have a nice weekend. I’ll be back muttering and murmuring some more tomorrow.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, and Game Designer

© Copyright August 11, 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”