Quick Update August 9, 2012

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Quick Update August 9, 2012

Unread post by Kevin »

Quick Update – August 9, 2012

How busy and hectic are things at Palladium Books? I wrote this Murmur first thing this morning, got distracted with a number of other things, and realized only now that I had not posted it. Sorry about that. Sheesh.

I’m going to talk about some of the things that won’t be discussed as much in today’s Weekly Update to be posted later this evening.

I approved the printer's digital proof of Rifts® Black Market yesterday afternoon and it is on track to ship August 21, 2012.

I met with writer Matthew Clements for something like five hours yesterday. We did other things while we talked and planned current and new projects. For example, Matt came along with me to the printer to see the proof copy of Rifts® Black Market. It’s about an hour and a half round trip in travel time, plus time reviewing the pages and cover, signing off on the approval and chatting with our printing rep.

Like everyone who sees Rifts® Black Market, Matthew was impressed – and he wrote half of it! He liked the changes and additions and loved all the artist’s interpretations of his and others’ work in the book. Of course, he liked the Shadow Boy, but he went bonkers over the art of the Ironmage (one of his creations) illustrated by Mike Mumah. I must admit, I love the concept of the Ironmage myself – it is a TW creation that is . . . we’ll, I’ll let you see it for yourself. I don’t want to ruin it for you.

Matthew and I also discussed his next Rifts® project. It’s a big undertaking that you’ll love, but I’m not revealing it yet. He and I also talked a lot about Rifts® comic books (something I have wanted to do for a long time now), and a number of other things, including some weapons and gear additions to Northern Gun™ and some possible work on a few other things. He has some time while he awaits feedback on his TOP SECRET, first draft screenplay he just turned in to a big name studio. Can't tell you more, but, no, it is NOT a Rifts script. He also signed a bunch of Northern Gun™ prints.

By the way, Matthew will be at Gen Con, so come and get his autograph before he becomes a big-time screenwriter. (And he will succeed at that, I have no doubt. Remember, you read it here first.)

I seem to have raised some eyebrows with my comment that I hope to see 4-7 new sourcebooks for Splicers® next year. Why so many, so suddenly? a) It's not sudden. It's something that has been brewing for 2-3 years. b) I have a trio of writers turning in work for the game line, including Chris Kluge and Charles Walton, both of whom are huge fans of the game and setting. And Chuck has a stack of artwork already done for a couple books. On top of that, Brandon Aten is working on ideas for additional Splicers® books.

I know it may not seem like it, looking in from the outside, but I have been putting things in place to see many of our game lines supported. I want to see a bunch of books for Splicers®, Robotech®, Palladium Fantasy®, Chaos Earth™, and Beyond the Supernatural™ out next year. Oh, there will be Rifts® titles too, but I want to see our other settings get some much deserved love too.

Sent four more books in for reprint, and my printer assured me that we’ll have them in our hot little hands to ship on August 14, as well as available at Gen Con.
Rifts® Anvil Galaxy™
Rifts® Coalition Wars® One: Sedition
Rifts® Coalition Wars® Two: Coalition Overkill™
Rifts® World Book 18: Mystic Russia™

Oh, I did finish the Distributor’s Update and it has been emailed to them. I spent the first six hours of today working on our Gen Con display. Then a bunch of odds and ends. After I post this, I finish writing the Weekly Update.

I’m still behind on several things, including the Gen Con display, but I’m getting there. Whew, juggling a lot of balls in the air. Okay, I need to get back to writing the Weekly Update which will reveal more good news. I just wish I didn't have a million things to get done BEFORE Gen Con.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, and Game Designer

© Copyright August 9, 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”