Quick Update – August 8, 2012

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

It has been a busy and productive week, but there never seems to be enough hours in a damn day to get everything we need to get done finished. Grrrrr.

We've been doing Gen Con prep-work, getting our display together, the cash registers, gear, money, what all to bring, etc., and I’m trying to figure out what else needs to be done before we leave for Gen Gon.

Sent four more books in for reprint
Rifts® Anvil Galaxy™
Rifts® Coalition Wars® One: Sedition
Rifts® Coalition Wars® Two: Coalition Overkill™
Rifts® World Book 18: Mystic Russia™

All are available for ordering right now and will be in our hands by Friday or Monday. That means they will also be available at Gen Con Indy next week. Along with some prints, some original art and other goodies.

Had a good meeting with Chuck Walton last night. I was tired, Chuck has a migraine, but the ideas and excitement were still flying.

Chuck came in to sign prints and some books, and to discuss upcoming projects like Splicers® and Rifts® comic books. We have big plans for Splicers® next year (like 4-7 new sourcebooks for it). Robotech® too. Heck, for everything! Like everyone else who has seen the finished Rifts® Black Market™, Chuck was impressed. “Kevin, I see you and the guys worked your magic again. This book is every bit as impressive as Rifts® Lemuria. I didn’t expect it to contain so much cool source material. Wow, Kev, the fans are going to love it.”

That’s the idea. I’m not kidding when I say I want every book we do to wow and excite imaginations.

Robotech® sourcebooks

My goal is to support Robotech® in a big a way. In addition to our plans to produce Robotech® games pieces for the Mecha and spaceships, we want to see more sourcebooks. Robotech® Genesis Pits™ Sourcebook will be out this Fall. I want to see at least two other sourcebooks out before Spring and more to follow. In fact, I’m looking to find a couple more writers for the line.

I looked over the Robotech® Genesis Pits™ manuscript again, and it is excellent. That prompted a call to Irvin Jackson who is working away on two books right now, including Robotech UEEF Marines. We had a good discussion about these books and other projects.

This morning we are working on a bunch of stuff. Cleaning and reorganizing the warehouse, putting together the Gen Con Displays, and I need to get a Distributors' Update out. I’m meeting with Matthew Clements in the afternoon, and expect to be driving out to review the digital proof of Rifts® Black Market™ later today as well.

Very busy, as excitement runs high. So I better get back to work. More info and details in tomorrow’s Murmur and in the Thursday Weekly Update

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, and Game Designer

© Copyright August 8, 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”