Quick Update – August 1, 2012

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

NG-2 crowdfunding is over and another success

As of this morning, the Northern Gun™ Two crowdfunding offer had seen 284 people participate for a total of $23,535. Our goal was $18,000, so we are very happy. The final number may go up slightly as there are still a small handful of orders that hadn’t gone through yet. We’ll be trying to process them later today or tomorrow and notifying those where there is a problem finalizing their order. My thanks to everyone for their support and giving us another successful funding.

Rifts® Black Market nears completion.

Julius has finished proofreading two thirds of the 192 pages – he’s up to page 150 of Rifts® Black Market. He should get the rest of the book throughout the day. Wayne, Julius and I were here till 9:30 PM last night and were pleased with our progress. I’m glad to say that I was back in the swing of things yesterday and had a very productive day.

Wayne will be doing layout, dropping in corrections and doing final edits of the last 42 pages as quickly as I can turn them in. We are a damn two weeks from where we needed to be, but we are all doing everything we can. Part of the problem is writing and editing is a darn slow process, and writing and tweaking stats and rules oriented material is the worst. And that’s the last half of the book, rules, tables and stats.

Heck, the whole book is filled with great stuff. That’s cool for you, because there is just one exciting game element after another, nearly three dozen weapons, some cool robots and power armor, some TW stuff, a few vehicles, 10 new O.C.C.s, plus rules for making any O.C.C. and R.C.C. into a Black Marketeer, Traveling Shows and all kinds of source material that will enable you to amp-up your games. “It’s all good,” as Erick Wujcik would say.

I still have plenty to do, so that’s it for now. Game on!

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, and Game Designer

© Copyright August 1, 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”