Mini-Update June 25, 2012

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

I guess people appreciated the email reminder and thank you concerning the Northern Gun™ Megaverse Insider crowdfunding last night, because overnight sales went through the roof. An additional 55 people placed orders Sunday, for a current total of 291 crowdfunder supporters. (Lemuria saw 335, so we could match or exceed that number.) Wow. And thank you very much, again. FYI: TODAY, Monday, June 25 is the last day to place your order for Northern Gun™ ONE hardcovers and other exclusive Megaverse Insider crowdfunding items.

Meanwhile I spent the weekend simultaneously working on both the Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook and Rifts® Black Market™. Both are coming along nicely. I’ve assigned additional artwork to several artists over the weekend and did some writing on both.

Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook is a 128 page book that is likely to be increased to 160 pages (the final decision has not been made yet). And it is just brimming with good stuff.

Rifts® Black Market™ is another book that I think will wow and impress fans. There’s just such a wealth of never before presented material that Players and Game Masters should go wild over it.

While I was working on other things, Wayne and Alex were working on The Rifter® #59, which I think is going to be an exceptional issue. Author contracts and art assignments went out last week.

The weekend was weird for me. Good, but weird. My mind was racing on multiple projects to the point that I had to stop and work on current projects to write down ideas for future projects before they were gone from my head. That included notes for two secret projects that I think will surprise and blow some of you away. When I was writing, I’d either be on fire or cold as ice. There was one point where I spent three hours on two pages of text. Then, just as I was about to call it a day, I caught fire again and worked two hours longer than I had planned for the day.

I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but the levels of creative energy at Palladium are off the charts. I have writers Carl Gleba, Carmen Bellaire, Julius Rosenstein, Greg Diaczyk, Brandon Aten and Josh Sinsapaugh diving into portions of upcoming books and/or new projects, and a handful of other guys are working away as well. Meanwhile, the artists continue to push themselves on the art. The level of excitement is incredible and ideas are running wild! Great new books are coming your way.

Hey, don’t forget, TODAY is the last day that you can order exclusive Rifts® Northern Gun™ ONE hardcover editions and other crowdfunding items.

Thank you so much. Our sincere appreciation and thanks to the 291+ gamers (and counting) whose support of this Northern Gun™ ONE Megaverse Insider offer has enabled us to exceed our target goal for this crowdfunding venture. And there is still the rest of today to go! Wayne will probably remove it from the store sometime in the wee hours after midnight, sometime Tuesday morning. As I have stated, money made above and beyond our projected goal is applied to developing new RPG projects, paying off Palladium debt, increasing promotion and advertising, doing reprints, and growing the company.

Your continued participation is welcomed and appreciated, but please, do NOT overextend yourselves. Purchase only the Megaverse Insider items you want and can afford. June 25, 2012 is the last day to purchase Rifts® Northern Gun™ ONE Megaverse® Insider items. This deadline will NOT be extended.

Summary of Rifts® Northern Gun™ ONE Megaverse® Insider items:

Cat. No. 12011 – Inside Help (your name listed in book): $5.
Cat. No. 12012 – In Memoriam (the name of a deceased loved one listed in book): $5.
Cat. No. 12013 – A “Real” Character Tribute (your character’s name listed in book): $10.
Cat. No. 12014 – Cyber-Insider PDF (a digital file of the book): $15.
Cat. No. 12015 – Palladium Insider Hardcover (with a color cover): $50.
Cat. No. 12016 – Steel Blue Insider Hardcover (deluxe collector’s hardcover with “Steel Blue” foil on black leatherette): $75.
Cat. No. 12017 – Steel-Plus Insider (Steel Blue Hardcover & PDF): $90.
Cat. No. 12018 – Top Insider (PDF, color cover hardcover, collector’s Steel Blue hardcover, both books signed by Siembieda and staff, and poster-sized print of cover signed by Chuck Walton and Kevin Siembieda.): $145.
Cat. No. 12019 – Ultimate Insider (PDF, HC, Steel Blue HC, small dragon sketch in book by Kevin Siembieda, 4 b/w prints [different from those in the Lemuria offer], color print of wraparound cover. Both books and poster-sized print of wrap-around cover signed by Siembieda and staff, + a brief telephone call from Kevin Siembieda): $250.
Cat. No. 12020 – Benefactor (PDF, HC, Steel Blue HC, black and white dragon sketch buy Kevin Siembieda on a separate sheet of paper, signed and numbered color print of the wraparound cover, 8 prints [different from those in the Lemuria offer], Chuck Walton “original art,” and a long telephone call with Kevin Siembieda): $500.
Note: All special items and prints are new and different from the previous Rifts® Lemuria Megaverse® Insider offer. Each new offer contains its own unique set of collectibles and keepsakes. The items offered are only available during this crowdfunding period.
- LAST CHANCE TO ORDER: MONDAY – June 25, 2012.

http://palladium-store.com/1001/categor ... sider.html

It’s back to writing for me. Have a wonderful day.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, and Game Designer

© Copyright June 25, 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”