Mini-Update June 19, 2012

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

I was writing up a storm on Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook on Saturday. With the Northern Gun™ Megaverse Insider crowdfunding going on, NG 1 and 2 have been getting a lot of attention. However, two other books that are going to rock are Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook and Rifts® Black Market™.

Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook is a 160 page book packed with fun, cool stuff about the Vampire Kingdoms, Camazotz and the Yucatan, Werebeasts of the Yucatan, Doc Reid, Reid’s Rangers, Fort Reid and a lot of other good stuff you will love. Of course, original material is updated and much of it is new. Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook is slated to be a 160 page book, but I may increase the page count. I’m working on the book right now and hope to have it to the printer in two weeks.

Rifts® Black Market™ is another book that is going to please Rifts® fans. I’ve been assigning artwork and doing little bits of preliminary work on the book. I’ve also enticed Carmen Bellaire and Julius Rosenstein to provide some excellent additional material, which is why the book has jumped from 160 pages to 192 and $24.95 retail. And oh man, is it good stuff. Mike Mumah and Amy Ashbaugh are working away on the initial art. I expect Mark Dudley, Brain and Allen Manning, Kent Burles and others to be jumping on board any day.

The Rifter® #59 is another great issue. Wayne and Alex are working on editing. I’m drawing up contracts and assigning artwork later today.

I will also be lining up artists to contribute to the Northern Gun™ books, Megaverse® In Flames and Robotech® Genesis Pits™ and I’m waiting to hear back from Harmony Gold about a couple of new possibilities for the license.

I’ve spent much of the last week and weekend clearing my calendar so I can spend the majority of my time over the next 6-8 weeks writing and getting new books to the printer. And the projects and ideas shaping up that you don’t even know about yet . . . wow.

I worked for 11 hours on Saturday and 8 hours on Sunday, though I did take time out on Father’s Day to see the movie Prometheus with Kathy. It was a good movie, with some excellent visuals and effects, but I thought the story was a bit cliche and very predictable. At least it was for me. I’d only grade it a “C” or “C+”. I do not know what the critics are raving about. I guess they are not science fiction, role-playing game or comic book fans, so they think these are new, fresh ideas, but they aren't. Kathy also thought Prometheus was only “okay.”

Online sale have been strong, and I’m not talking about just the Northern Gun™ ONE Megaverse® Insider offer. We are seeing sales across the board, with an increased interest in Robotech® (cool because we want to give Robotech® a big push). Rifts® Lemuria® and Dead Reign™ books remain hot, but all game settings are doing pretty well.

Rifts® Northern Gun™ ONE Megaverse® Insider crowdsource funding offer ENDS next Monday, June 25, 2012.

http://www.palladiumbooks.com/index.php ... rn-gun-one

This week is your last chance to order the special products, including the color cover hardcover edition, collector’s hardcover edition and PDF of Rifts® Northern Gun™ ONE. This book is going to be epic.

That’s it for now. I'm hungry to get back to writing. Have a good day.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, and Game Designer

© Copyright June 19, 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”