Shaking things up

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Shaking things up

Unread post by Kevin »

Shaking things up

I’m still amazed at how some people get upset by what I consider good news and jump to all kinds of wild assumptions.

I’d dare say, Palladium Books® is one of the most open and transparent companies on the internet. I keep you in the loop about new projects, delays, personal and professional goals, our dreams, hopes, fears, failures and triumphs.

I cannot share absolutely EVERYTHING. Why not, you ask? (You know there are some people asking that question.) For several reasons.

1. We can’t let the competition know everything we are thinking about, looking into and planning. I would hope the reasons for this would be obvious.

2. We don’t want to disappoint you over and over. I cannot tell you how many times things come up that sound wonderful, we spend time on, but never pan out. Case in point, I have spent weeks, investigating the ins and outs of producing Robotech® miniatures. I’m looking into it and in discussions with Harmony Gold, but I still don’t know if it is viable. Time will tell.

3. When would we have the time to create product? We share what we can, when we can, but our focus has to be on new product, new markets, and making money so we can continue to give you the products you love. We enjoy sharing our ideas and the excitement at Palladium. I know the majority of you enjoy being kept informed and we are happy to do it. Thank you for caring.

4. Things take time. Nothing is ever fast or easy, not if you want to do them right.

I have been kicking around a number of ideas and projects that, should they come to pass, will shake things up and, I suspect, shock some people. They are ideas and plans I cannot reveal for the reasons above, with an emphasis on numbers one and two. Moreover, I have a handful of people, my agent among them, working behind the scenes to generate a number of potential new opportunities. I’ve been saying it for a while now, but there is a new energy in the air around Palladium Books and an increasing momentum.

As for inadvertently shaking things up with the good news and numbers of last week's (and probably this week’s) Weekly Update, I have no apologies. Believe them or not, those are the facts, and Palladium continues to build on fan support and getting stronger. The new books coming out are just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. Just wait and see what the months to come will bring.

Keep the faith, enjoy the ride and game on.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Unwitting Troublemaker (?)

© Copyright June 13, 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”