Some Peace of mind

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Some Peace of mind

Unread post by Kevin »

Some peace of mind

Due to being diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, my age and not having seen a doctor for something like six years (until last Fall), I’m getting a battery of medical tests. Tuesday, June 12, I had the pleasure of my first colonoscopy. Oh boy. The procedure itself is a snap (at least for the patient), but the prep . . . yuck.

I’m happy to report that there were no problems. Whew, what a relief. I didn’t expect any problems, but I must admit I was nervous. It’s nice to have that peace of mind.

Next, I get an ultrasound scan of my prostate. My PSA numbers are average on the high side so they want to take a scan. Again, this is more of a precautionary measure than anything else.

Meanwhile, my diabetes is well under control. My blood sugar numbers are so well managed (my A1C numbers have been at 5.6 for the last six months, which is normal!), that I will probably be allowed off the meds to control my diabetes entirely with diet and exercise by September. Awesome.

I had planned to work late today, but I’m feeling tuckered out after only 13 hours, so I’m heading home.

More news and info in the Thursday Weekly Update.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, Game Designer and Optimist

© Copyright June 13, 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”