May 15 2012 Update: Busy, busy, busy

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

May 15 2012 Update: Busy, busy, busy

Unread post by Kevin »

May 15, 2012 Update: Busy, busy, busy

Oh my gosh . . . we have been busy.

First it took a week to recover from the Open House. Gah. Kathy and I remained tired through the weekend. Except for a few hours at the office, I took Sunday off. That was good, because I got to sleep in a bit, saw a couple of movies (The Avengers on Friday, Dark Shadows on Sunday), watched some TV, did some running around and chores, celebrate Mother’s Day, and took a couple of naps in-between. ;)

I think I’ve only really felt human and back to full functionality today. Sheesh. Being sooooo busy since the Open House didn’t help matters. And this week we have been even busier. Part of it is getting caught up with stuff that got put aside due to the work load of getting new products released prior to the Open House, followed by the Open House, followed by recovery from the Open House.

Speaking of which, my Open House Report and photos are coming soon. I promise. I’ve just been so busy juggling so many different things, I’ve been a bit bogged down. Plus, I want to do the report right. Make it fun. We may end up posting it in two parts. I’ve worked on it for a few hours yesterday and today, but it’s still not finished.

We are all back to juggling a zillion different things: Handling business meetings, calling people, shipping orders (keep ‘em coming), sending out email correspondences, shipping distributor orders (keep ‘em coming too!), trying to get ready for Gen Con (all the advanced paperwork is coming due), plotting some advertising and promotions, supporting a couple of conventions, filing copyrights on recently released books, paying bills, making more calls, getting the refrigerator fixed (it died the last day of Open House), and other good stuff. And I’m orchestrating all of it as well as handling some of it.

It has been a little daunting at moments, but very exciting at the same time. In fact, excitement at Palladium Books is running high on all front. I mean, we described 19 new products (including miniatures, T-shirts and reprint titles) in the last Weekly Update and I’m trying to line up the next 19 for release in the months ahead. Have you placed your order yet for current items?

I had an excellent talk with Irvin Jackson on Monday. Boy, is he fired up about the next Robotech® Sourcebook – a retool of the UEEF Marine Sourcebook . . . or two. Meanwhile, John Zeleznik submitted his Robotech® cover for approval and I’m waiting for a call from Tommy Yune at Harmony Gold to discuss future Robotech® ideas.

I also spoke with or traded emails with John Zeleznik, Chuck Walton, Mark Oberle, Mike Mumah, Matthew Clements and Nick Bradshaw about various projects. I’m meeting with Chuck Walton and Mark Dudley on Thursday and waiting to hear from my agent about a meeting here at the Palladium offices in the next week or two.

A couple of cool things are brewing behind the scenes as well, but it’s way to soon to talk about them. They are long term plans and may not even pan out.

Like I said, a lot of juggling and work, but very exciting. I just wish I didn’t have more than 30 things on my “To Do List” for the week. :?

And with that, I should probably get back to work. Will keep you posted as things progress. Look for the Open House Report tomorrow evening. (Part One may get posted tonight, but no promises.) I'm still way behind on answering Private Messages, sorry. Will try to get to them too. (Gah, that's not even on my list!) Game on.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Game Designer

© Copyright May 11, 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”