It is all coming together -- April 2012

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

It is all coming together -- April 2012

Unread post by Kevin »

It’s all coming together – Progress Report -- April 29 2012

I feel as tired as all get out, but everything is coming together nicely on all fronts. I gave the weekend off to Wayne (though he’s supposed to be working on the Open House Gaming schedule from home), Julius and Alex (though he’s done some odds and ends to help in the afternoons and evenings), but Kathy and I have been working non-stop all weekend from dawn till dusk and we are feeling the aches and pains.

Ahhhh, but everything is coming together very nicely.

Dead Reign™ Sourcebook 3: Endless Dead™ ships on Wednesday, May 2, 2012. It is another title that will surprise and please.

The four new T-Shirts came in on Friday and look fantastic. They’ll be offered at the Palladium Open House first, and then to the general public in the Palladium online store a week latter. The new shirts include:
- Dead Reign™ Survive or die trying.
- Rifts®: Wilk’s Laser Technologies
- Rifts®: Northern Gun
- Imagination Unleashed™ (featuring the Panther-Shark from Lemuria).
Kathy has been busy folding and bagging them.

The Palladium Fantasy RPG® coffee mug also came in on Friday and I think it may be my favorite new item – though I love all of the T-shirts too!

Costume Contest Award Plaques were ready on Friday too, and they also look awesome.

In fact, Wayne and I spent most of Friday afternoon and early evening running from one manufacturer to another picking up shirts (two different printers), coffee mugs, plaques, plastic bags, and supplies.

- I think the warehouse looks nicer than it has ever been for an Open House. I can’t reveal much at the moment, because I don’t want to ruin the surprise for those attending, but we went all out this year. As much fun as the Open House is, it is just so much work for our aging bodies, so this may very well be the last one. If it is, I wanted it to be the best Open House ever. I hope those of you attending will love it. (Is this the last Open House? Maybe. When I'm feeling exhausted toward the end of preparations, I always say, "This is the last time." Then I do it again in a year or two. So who knows.)

- The panel talk area is cosy, casual and more attractive than in the past. So is the display wall.

- The Open Gaming area is big.

- The gaming tables are a bit more spread out.

- All items are displayed nicely and better than ever.

- The auction items are definitely special and unique.

- It’s looking like we’ll have 250-300 people at this year’s Open House.

Video of the Open House . . .

Carmen Bellaire plans on videoing some of the events and panel talks and posting them on YouTube, so you’ll get to see bits and pieces of the event from the comfort of your own homes.

Meanwhile . . .

I must have jinxed online sales when I said in the Weekly Update they were good, because they plummeted over the weekend (though Thursday night’s sales were stellar). Strange. Not too worried about it. Not with all the very cool releases we have coming out.

I still have Insiders to call and all kinds of things to do before the Open House (like prepare my game!), so I better run along and get to them.

Endless Dead™ will ship on Wednesday.

https://palladium-store.com/1001/produc ... -Dead.html

Gosh . . . I know there were a few more things I wanted to mention, but I’m so tired (and it’s only 2:00 PM), that I can’t think of them.

I’ll try to post off and on all week as well as during the weekend of the Open House. Feeling very positive.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, Game Designer and Optimist

© Copyright April 29, 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”