Exciting news -- Monday Report March 26 2012

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Exciting news -- Monday Report March 26 2012

Unread post by Kevin »

Monday Report March 26 2012

You wouldn't think that much could happen since the Thursday Weekly Update, but you'd be wrong. It has been a frenzy of activity here at Palladium Books as we worked through the weekend to get the next two books to the printer.

BREAKING NEWS – in just this morning – Rifts® Lemuria is scheduled to ship on Friday, April 6, though if the printer runs into any delays it could slip to Monday, April 9. The two Megaverse® Insider Hardcover editions should be available to ship 2-4 weeks after the soft cover. I will keep you posted on that front. FYI: I approved the color cover proofs and interior pages on Friday and they looked gorgeous. Rifts® Lemuria is gorgeous from cover to cover.

Wayne Smith was in on Saturday working on The Rifter #58. He's got two-thirds of the book selected. I'll be assigning art today and tomorrow.

Alex Marciniszyn was in Saturday and Sunday working on editing for The Rifter® #58 and other stuff, including adding more action figures to my online store and work on various projects. Alex and I will be adding some Palladium collectibles to the store in a few days.

As for me, I did all kinds of work. I did a little business, but mostly I did writing and editing for Dead Reign Sourcebook 3: Endless Dead and a lot of work on the Rifts® Lemuria "extra source material" for inclusion in The Rifter® #58. There was a handful of material that got cut from Rifts® Lemuria that I went through, finished up and have prepped as “official” source material for Rifts® Lemuria. It includes four additional Lemurian O.C.C.s, some notes on other O.C.C.s, and stats for a bunch of ordinary fish and sea animals, plus some mutant and monstrous variants. I think it’s all material you’ll enjoy.

I’m still in writing mode and working like crazy to get Rifter #58 and Endless Dead to the print over the next two weeks and Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook to the printer before the Palladium Open House.

I also managed to slipped out with Kathy Simmons on Sunday to see the movie John Carter – as in John Carter of Mars. We enjoyed it very much, and I highly recommend it. If you enjoyed the books, I think you will enjoy this movie very much. There is more about it in a separate Murmur.

This morning or tomorrow, I expect to meet with Carmen Bellaire and see some of the new Rifts® miniatures.

I have exchanged emails with Irvin Jackson and he’s been on fire with Robotech® Genesis Pits sourcebook and expects to have it in my hands by the end of the week. Can hardly wait.

Like I said, it has been a frenzy of activity and will only get crazier as we get closer to the Palladium Open House. Which is why I did not post any of this exciting news over the weekend. Except for the movie, I was crazy busy.

Keep the faith and those imaginations burning bright.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, Game Designer and Fired Up Optimist

© Copyright March 26, 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”