Rifts® Lemuria Weekend Update

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Rifts® Lemuria Weekend Update

Unread post by Kevin »

Rifts® Lemuria is coming along well

I’m working on the last 35 page hunk of the book – Sea Monsters and War Steeds. I'm building on what Greg had written and adding 8 or so amazing creatures inspired by the artistry of Chuck Walton. When I’m done with them, that’s book.

Wayne has been in since noon working on the last section he has for editing, as well as doing typesetting and initial layout of the early pages. We should be on track to get the book to the printer on Monday, and we're all excited. Alex is here too.

Matthew Clements, back from his Hollywood journey, was awesome and jumped in to help for 8 hours on Friday, putting in corrections. What a guy.

Whew, this book is packed to the gills with creatures, riding animals, monsters, villains, new Biomancy spells, a new and expanded take on Lemurian Biomancers, living Bio-Armor, Bio-Construct Symbiotes, weapons, Stone Magic and Biomancy vehicles, cool O.C.C.s, new aquatic races and the Lemurians and their world.

That’s why the book has taken so long, the world building. Lemuria unveils a whole new part of Rifts Earth, with a specific worldview, culture and agenda. Nothing about world building is easy. Greg Diaczyk set the foundation, but there was a lot to be added and tweaked to make it epic and balanced.

I’ve been here working non-stop for the last 12 hours. Writing descriptions and stats for amphibious War Steeds inspired by the artistry of Chuck Walton like the . . .
Panther Shark
Sea Lance
Sea Saber
Seal Serpent
Serpent Seahorse
Shadow Serpent
Tiger Serpent
and many others. The book is looking great!

My mind is pretty fried at this point, so I need to call it an evening, but I’ll be back bright and early to finish this text, and then it's all layout and wonder for Rifts® Lemuria.

Do you think I’m crazy? After weeks of writing Rifts® Lemuria, I can hardly wait to get back to Endless Dead. Hmm, I guess the answer to that question is yes. :)

Oh yeah -- Sunday night -- Carmen Bellaire and William Johnson expect to post a "first look" video review of Rifts® Lemuria on YouTube. Carmen got an advanced (90% finished) copy of the text and has seen all the artwork to be able to do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ6lJkLc ... re=related (The link is to a sample of what Carmen's doing, and we'll post the actual link to his "From the Rifts" series Lemuria video review as soon as we get it.)

Happy Saint Patrick’s Day. Have fun, don’t drink too much and have a wonderful weekend.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, Game Designer and Tease

© Copyright March 17, 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”