Megaverse Insider Behind the Scenes

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

I feel like an expectant father as I await the birth of the Megaverse® Insider. :D

I had been kicking this idea around for a few months and it was a shamble of ideas percolating for a while. But it all came together in my mind after my talk with Carl Gleba last Saturday. I’ve spent most of the last four days working it out and putting it together. In between I was working on Rifts® Lemuria and Rifts® movie option stuff. I’ll talk about those and other things in the Weekly Update, which will go up FRIDAY because the Megaverse® Insider is launching tonight.

The Megaverse® Insider is something new and exciting. Everyone I have bounced the idea off of before we launched, thought it was an excellent idea. I hope you do too. And I hope it works.

It launched into full development and implementation after my conversation with my friend and freelance writer, Carl Gleba. I was floating around a variety of ideas and bouncing them off Carl. We talked mostly about book projects, but one was an idea for raising money to help fund the production of new releases, reprints and advertising.

Another was ways to grow the Palladium gamer community and create some buzz and excitement. I especially wanted to do something for the multitude of Palladium fans who are our most stalwart supporters (which is a lot of you!), but was lamenting our lack of financial resources.

Then Carl said something that got my creative gears turning. “What about some kind of insiders’ club?” he asked.

Insiders’ Club. The idea stuck and went viral in my head. Ideas started to flood in and wouldn’t stop. It was all coming together. I had to do it.

Megaverse Insider

You are a Megaverse Insider. How? Because you play our games, read our Weekly Updates, visit our website and/or Facebook page, buy our products and care about Palladium Books.

And now, being an insider is more important and valuable than ever with the launch of the Megaverse® Insider, because you now have the inside track to exclusive, limited edition, limited time offers that we think you’ll go gah-gah over.

We’re doing a spin on an increasingly popular way for companies to raise money and fund projects on the web. Its called “crowdsource funding” or “crowdfunding.”

The basic idea goes something like this: You make a presentation for the project you want to fund, you provide a variety of levels of participation from a few dollars to hundreds, even thousands of dollars, and each level provides a benefit or product(s). The fund-raiser sets a realistic target goal and lets the public know about it.

If you get just a couple hundred to several hundred people involved, you can meet or exceed – sometimes vastly exceed – your goal. It’s called "crowdfunding" because rather than get one or a few investors, you raise much smaller amounts of money from hundreds of people who get a quick and tangible reward for their participation.

And here’s the coolest thing about being a Megaverse® Insider, it really means something. It's more than just buying the latest product, it makes you part of something bigger. You will be making a difference at Palladium Books, helping to grow the company and you get a tangible reward for your effort. It's an amazing idea. Perfect, especially for a strong community like ours.

I think we have come up with some very cool, fun and different (at least for Palladium Books) ideas for products as well as fun and affordable opportunities. Like releasing a PDF version of a new book release during the two week fundraiser, and offering two different, collectible “hardcover” editions of the book, and whole bunch of other fun stuff.

One of the cool things about the two hardcover books is that we are printing only what you order (plus a few dozen extra for staff and promotion). That means if we get 218 orders, we only print 218 copies of this book (plus a few dozen extra for Palladium staff, friends and special promotions). If the number is 103 we print 103 (plus a few dozen extra). It makes the hardcovers super-rare and super-special because we are NOT going to print anymore after this! Only those of you who order one (or more) own them. That’s what makes you a Megaverse Insider! You get stuff that’s not available to the public at large. And at the same time you are helping Palladium Books raise money to print new books, reprints and fund new projects! Note: These special books and the PDF are only available via this Megaverse Insider offer for two weeks starting today. The offer ends February 24, 2012.

Megaverse Insider starts today February 9, 2012 and ends February 24th, so spread the word like crazy. And do it fast.

FYI: We will update you on the funds raised and what’s selling on a daily basis.

I decided to try crowdsource funding starting with Rifts® Lemuria.

I hope it works.

Crowdsource funding is becoming the rage, because it is so simple, creative and fun. Palladium could sure use an influx of cash to fund a number of new releases and other plans. A number of game companies and publishers have enjoyed tremendous success and we hope to follow suit. A few have even made double and triple their goal.

All of us at Palladium are looking forward to a bright future. Our creative team is the best it has ever been, and we have ideas galore for new sourcebooks, RPGs, and product lines. But times are still tough. Sales are uneven and it’s difficult to find the traditional investors, especially for a niche market like role-playing games. Palladium has lacked the funds to keep all our back stock titles in print (like Wolfen Empire, Anvil Galaxy, etc.) and need resources to print upcoming titles. If the Megaverse® Insider is a success, it could make a profound difference in getting out new product faster and keeping books in print.

A test market vehicle. The Megaverse Insider also lets us try out new products and test the market for items like the PDF release and hardcover editions. If sales are strong and we see a high demand for this or that, we may consider offering them for other products in the future and try out new ideas. For me, that makes the Megaverse Insider exciting on multiple and different levels. I just hope you guys and gals like it and the items being offered.

One of the things I wanted to do was to make this whole thing FUN and SPECIAL. I hope I've done that.

As always, your support, input and comments are appreciated. The Megaverse® Insider and crowdsource funding is very new to us, so there may be a few glitches, so please bear with us.

Remember, ALL Megaverse Insider “opportunities” are offered for only TWO WEEKS. Order yours today.

The details are here: http://palladium-store.com/1001/categor ... sider.html

and as you scroll down, you can select your level of support/product choice, and you can select the same and/or different level of support multiple times.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, Game Designer and Dreamer

© Copyright February 9, 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”