VisionCon & something to make you laugh

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

Okay, here’s something to make you laugh. Or at least shake your head and crack a smile.

I’m a guest at VisionCon in Springfield, Missouri, next month, right? I knew about this for months. But until a gamer sent me a private message last weekend saying how happy he was that I was the Gaming Guest of Honor – I didn’t realize that I was the freakin’ “Gaming Guest of HONOR.”

How did I miss that?!

I mean, I’ve talked to the convention people, I’ve been to the VisionCon website -- http://www.visioncon.net/first.html -- but somehow, I did not realize I was the Guest of Honor for gaming. Sheesh, I guess I am working too hard. Yow.

Well, let me say what an honor it is to be invited to VisionCon as the headlining gaming guest. Seriously, I am always humbled and truly “honored” by such an invitation. This is my first time in this part of the country in something like 30 years, so I hope to see a lot of Palladium fans at VisionCon.

Heck, what am I saying?! I’m the Gaming Guest of Honor, so I NEED you guys and gals to make me look good! Palladium fans from the surrounding 4-5 states MUST make a dang pilgrimage to VisionCon to see me. Maybe even from across the ENTIRE Midwestern United States!! And MAKE SURE you tell the convention people the main reason you’re coming to VisionCon is to see me, Kevin Siembieda! :D

All kidding aside, I arrive Thursday and I’ll be at the convention all day Friday and Saturday and most (all?) of Sunday (I fly out Sunday sometime; I don't have my schedule yet). Whenever I’m a guest at a convention I like to be in the thick of things and make myself available to the (hopefully, more than six) people who come to see me. When I’m not participating in a panel talk, gaming or shoving food in my face, I’ll be at my table waiting to chat, sign autographs and goof around with you. I’m a chatty guy, so visit and ask anything. I have a million stories.

I spoke with “Madman” Mike Leonard and he plans to make the two-hour drive to hang with me at VisionCon. He’s still recovering from six cracked ribs and other broken bones from his car accident last month, but he insists he’s feeling better every day and will be there. Hmmm, I think we’re seeing why he has the nickname “Madman Mike.”

Mike also said Palladium freelance writer Mark Oberle will probably be going to the con, as are a couple other freelancers, so it looks like there may be 4-6 Palladium creators at this shindig. If you live in the areas, come on over to join the fun.

On top of that, my dear friend Jolly Blackburn – the genius behind the hilarious Knights of the Dinner Table comic book – and his wife Barbara , are also guests. Jolly and I hope to be on some panels together and we’re lobbying to have our tables next to each other. What the VisionCon people don’t know is this could be dangerous, as once Jolly and I get going we can get pretty . . . um . . . rambunctious. Should be a lot of fun. :angel:

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, Game Designer and Optimist

© Copyright January 19, 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”