Playing Tag with a Semi is never a good thing

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

I'm writing to let folks know that one of Palladium's freelance artist/writers and a close personal friend, Mike Leonard -- yes, "Madman Mike," is in the hospital. The good news is while Mike is busted up he is alive and doing reasonably well.

Mike recently started a new job as a FedEx driver. The hours are long and Mike is still learning his route. With the Christmas season upon us, the work days are even longer. Well, Mike was driving his car home from work, fell asleep, and slammed into the back of a semi that was parked on the side of the road. Yikes.

Mike managed to survive the accident but he suffered severe bruising, six broken ribs, a dislocated hip, a broken leg and several broken toes. To say he is in a considerable amount of pain is an understatement. He's in the hospital awaiting repairs. Where is the Star Wars Med-Tank when you need it? Or for that matter, a Rifts Lemurian Biomancer Gene-Mage! He could fix Mike up with a few quick spells on a ley line or at a Lemurian stone ziggurat.

All of us at Palladium Books wish Mike well and a quick mend. Our thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. Hang in there my friend.

I'm sure Mike will appreciate emails from his gaming pals so don't hesitate to send your well wishes. And keep the good-natured "ribbing" (pun intended) to a minimum. Poor guy.

That's the latest news. The only other things going on at Palladium is signing a zillion books, picking, packing and shipping Christmas Surprise Packages as fast as they come in, working on Rifts Lemuria, wrapping Christmas presents for friends and freelancers, and juggling 20 other things. In fact, I'll be doing all of the above all weekend. ;)

Game on and drive safe!

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, Game Designer and Surrogate Santa

© Copyright December 9, 2011 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”