Grumblin’ and bumblin’

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Grumblin’ and bumblin’

Unread post by Kevin »

Grumblin’ and bumblin’

I’m sorry if my Murmur yesterday bummed people out. I always try to be positive, but some days, you just can’t do it. Some days, even I feel burned out, bummed out and wanting to kick something.

I am so tired of struggling and dealing with problems. I know, that's life. It just gets to you sometimes, you know? And if this is supposed to be a blog-like insight to the inner workings at Palladium and behind the scenes tidbits, some days are not going to be filled with sunshine and excitement. Some days suck.

Today was a bit better, but it started with lousy sales (again) and my feeling low.

Don’t worry, I’m working through it. Got a haircut, talked to some friends, ran some errands, worked out a couple problems, had a good talk with Julius and a productive meeting with Wayne and Matthew, as well as doing a little writing and a lot of thinking. I put a few things in place and I’m prepping for other good stuff.

The set of four Palladium bookmarks came in today and they look great. Everyone at the office loved them and scooped up a set or two for themselves. I dropped a set in five Christmas Surprise Packages and a gent who had placed an order for them, so they’ll be the first to see the bookmarks outside of Palladium Books. Enjoy guys. I think the item is fun, useful and nice. And that’s what I have to focus on, the good stuff, the fun stuff, and roll with the rest.

https://palladium-store.com/1001/produc ... t-One.html

The Dead Reign™ T-shirts are also done and back in stock effective today. They are by the same printer who always does them, so they look as good as usual.

https://palladium-store.com/1001/produc ... Large.html

Coalition Christmas T-shirts should be available sometime next week.

Some of the Zombie art for Dead Reign™ Sourcebook 3: Endless Dead™ came in from one of Palladium’s new artists, Noah Page. It’s pretty darn good. I met with Noah on Sunday and we hashed through problems with his initial art. I made a number of suggestions for changes and man did he come through. It’s rewarding and fun for me to help artists and writers make their work better and take it to the next level. I’m also dying to see Mike Mumah’s illustrations for Endless Dead™, especially one in particular. Nick Bradshaw is working on a bunch of art for the book and so is one of Palladium's other new artists, Karli Cooper.

I meet with Chuck Walton tomorrow and I can hardly wait to see what he has worked up for us.

And I expect to get manuscripts for two Splicer® sourcebooks next next.

Like I said, things are really moving and shaking on the creative end. Now if only I can get a few books to the printer and sales to pick up.

That my Murmurings for today. Stay tuned for more developments, try to think positive, keep those imaginations burning bright and game on.

Yeah, that’s more like it. ;)

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Game Designer

© Copyright October 25, 2011 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”