The long silence

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

The long silence

Unread post by Kevin »

The long silence

My apologies for not posting a bunch of Murmurs nor being on Facebook or even answering a month’s worth of unanswered Private Messages.

I didn't mean to be quiet. I guess I’ve been a) totally focused on getting books edited, finished and to the printer, and b) not feeling very talkative.

When I wasn’t entranced in producing books, I’ve had to deal with some unexpected business and personal issues, and have let my correspondences and some friends and fans down with my absence.

We’re always juggling one thing or another, and the last few weeks have been busy. There has been some convention prep work and planning, lots of work on writing and editing, doing ads, working on a new catalog, doing advertisements and promotional work, finding new issues and discussing fixes to the website, meetings, and diabolical plans for the near and distant future.

I have not been feeling blue, but all of this has left me tired and low ebb as well as a bit frustrated because it has taken me away from writing and editing when I was hotter than anything on it. This all left me feeling quiet.

Things are going pretty well. The books in the pipeline – Robotech® New Generation, Rifts® Lemuria, Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook, Megaverse® in Flames, Robotech® Genesis Pits – are nothing short of awesome. And future projects like Rifts® Black Market, Northern Gun, and Rifts® and NON-Rifts stuff, as well as ideas for comic books are just as good. The creative energy is off the charts.

There have been personal and professional bright points throughout the week as well, including hearing from a couple of friends I had not heard from in a long while. We enjoyed a fun chat on the phone, one sent me a gift in the mail, and I was offered a place to crash for a week in sunny California if I want to take a break from work. Oh so Tempting. ;)

I hear my Gen Con video interviews are entertaining -- I haven't seen 'em myself yet.

I’ve also been invited to be a guest at Visioncon next February and I accepted. They seem like very nice people and I’m looking forward to it.

Alex is doing much better (thank God!) and he’s been busy rebuilding my online store; so far with toys from my collection, but some art and collectibles should be added by next weekend.

The up and down roller coaster for online sales is driving me crazy!! I wish sales would go up and hang there for a while. Instead of way up, way down, in-between, then back to way down, then up again. Gah. Talking to other business pals, they are experiencing the same thing so it’s not just us. I’m happy to report we continue to see orders for the Palladium Open House every day and lots of pre-orders for the upcoming titles.

Check out the latest Weekly Update for more details on products and other news.

http://www.palladiumbooks.com/index.php ... ber-1-2011

Guess I’m just feeling the pressure of trying to get new books out and every delay or distraction is annoying.

I’ll be working part of Labor Day Weekend but plan to catch at least one movie (Planet of the Apes!) and I’m going to take one day off completely. I would love to take the whole weekend off, but then books may be delayed. Wayne's even coming in one day to get things rockin' with The Rifter®. I’ll try to post more Murmurs in the days to come and I’ll try to pop on Facebook over the weekend.

I hope all of you are doing something relaxing and fun this long weekend. Play some games, have fun with friends and family, and keep those imaginations burning bright. :)

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Game Designer

© Copyright September 2, 2011 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”