This and that

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

This and that

Unread post by Kevin »

This and that

I hope everyone has had a nice weekend. Other than some rain, the weather and temperatures have been fantastic here in Michigan.

I’ve spent most of the week following Gen Con Indy catching up with business. Upon the insistence of my crew, I took most of the weekend off. I helped Kathy Simmons, Queen of Ghouls, make some zombies (including a Store Santa Zombie complete with a partially decapitated Teddy Bear and a sack of presents with dismembered body parts), saw a movie, watched some TV, read a bit and only put in six hours of work all weekend. Hey, that’s good for me. I must admit, I’ve been pushing myself too hard the past few months and I’m feeling worn out.

New books

On Friday and the weekend I did a little work on the Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook and Robotech® New Generation™. Both books are wonderful and near completion. Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook even has a lot of artwork done already. I think Matthew is almost done with his work on the book.

I edited a bit of the Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook and skimmed through much of it. Author Irvin Jackson has done a fantastic job on this book and it appears to be everything he and I talked about. More on it in the future. Of course, it must also go through the Harmony Gold approval process which might facilitate some changes and additions. I want this and two other Robotech® sourcebooks in your hands over the next six months. That’s my goal.

Rifts® Lemuria is another great book. Geez, we have one epic book after another in the pipeline. So I hope you are ready for some great gaming experiences.

We are getting a lot of positive feedback on Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™. I was on fire writing this book and I think it shows in the depth and quality of the material. Folks are enjoying the many clarifications and heavily expanded material. Check it out for yourself.

I guess I jinxed Palladium when I mentioned Online Sales had skyrocketed since the release of Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™, because sales flattened over the weekend. Very disappointing. However, that’s the way it has been lately: up and down and inconsistent. It’s hard to predict anything anymore. With any luck, we’ll see sales shoot back up. For about a month now, weekend sales have been soft, but shoot up on Monday. Weird.

I plan to be writing and editing full force and with little pause until these three books are at the printer. Then, I’ll ease up for a week before diving into Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames™, Dead Reign™ Sourcebook Three and a couple other things.

I’m happy to report that Alex seems to be in good spirits and doing much better than a couple weeks ago. Way to go, Al.

The only bad news of the weekend was learning another close friend is battling cancer. It made me want to punch something. Gah! As disheartening as this news was, she sounded in very good spirits and prepared to fight her heart out. Our prayers and love are with her. As a comic book and sci-fi geek, I take it as a good sign that her doctor is Flash Gordon! I am not kidding, that’s her doctor’s name, and I cannot think of a single battle Flash Gordon ever lost! I trust Flash won’t lose this battle with my dear friend either.

Just one more reminder to live life to the fullest, follow your dreams and deeply love those you care about while you have them. Love and friendship are the greatest gifts we can ever possess. Embrace it. Cherish it. Drink deep in whatever brings you joy – be it a beautiful sunset, playing with your child or a night of role-playing. Role-playing games have brought me more friends and joy than I could ever have imagined. I am grateful.

Keep those imaginations burning bright and game on.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Game Designer

© Copyright August 14, 2011 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”