Gen Con Mini-Report -- Vamp Kingdoms shipped TODAY

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Gen Con Mini-Report -- Vamp Kingdoms shipped TODAY

Unread post by Kevin »

Gen Con Mini-Report

Here are some quick comments about Gen Con Indy. I will write a longer report for a future Murmur or the Weekly Update on Thursday.

We are worn out, dragging and dealing with some unexpected things back at the office – like Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™ arriving today -- about a week early!! Boy, I love our printer McNaughton and Gunn. Yes, if you had a pre-order, your copy of Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™ shipped today. (Provided your credit card went through, we had a whopping 25 decline, but Kathy will notify you or try to put the charge through again tonight or tomorrow.)

Speaking of Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™, we heard nothing but good things about it from people who bought it at the convention.

Gen Con Indy was fun. I was so busy that I never did get to see the entire exhibitors' hall (maybe half). We signed a zillion books, talked to fans and had a great time. We were thrilled that so many people came up to our booth to tell us how happy they were that we were back at Gen Con. A few even came just to see us. Cool.

Nick Bradshaw, Brandon Aten, Matthew Clements, and Mike Mumah were all a joy to work with and were a big help to us. Thanks guys.

Gen Con sales started out with a bang, with Thursday being our best sales, but tapered off after that. Games and related items were the best selling items. We were told by several artists and a few exhibitors that sales were down by half compared to last year's. That's disappointing to hear, but not too surprising considering the USA economic craziness of these past few months. Still, we felt it was worth attending. In fact, we already submitted our booth application for next year, so we’ll be at Gen Con in 2012.

That’s it for now. More to come in the Weekly Update posting in a couple days.

Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™ is available now, so place those orders. http://palladium-store.com/1001/product ... dated.html

And don't forget about the recent titles brought back in print. Game on.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Game Designer

© Copyright August 9, 2011 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”