Father’s Day Blues

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Father’s Day Blues

Unread post by Kevin »

Father’s Day Blues

I feel like I’m having a crummy weekend.

Writing can be a cruel master. I put in 14 hours of work writing yesterday, but it was slow going. I don’t feel like I got much done. Maybe 15-18 pages of writing. Not enough. People are anxiously waiting for Vampire Kingdoms.

Online sales are crummy too. I guess the sale items didn’t appeal to folks as much as the last sale. Sorry. I’ll try to make the sale next weekend better. Of course, you still have till Monday night to take advantage of this sale.

The weather has been gorgeous. Sunny skies. 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Nice cool breeze. Beautiful. Reminds me of when I was a kid. It was on days like these that Mom and Dad would take me and my brother to the Kensington Metro Park to spend some time at the beach and at our favorite park site. We loved those days. They were special. Special in part because we’d have time to spend as a whole family. Time to spend with Dad. He’d walk the trails with us, help us catch bugs and toads and frogs, we’d play Jarts (remember them!) and/or horseshoes, cook hotdogs and ... I don’t know, it was idyllic somehow. Lazy fun wrapped in love.

I remember a couple times when life was getting me down, and I’d go to our old picnic spot at Kensington and sit by the lake. Somehow it would help me catch my breath and feel better.

Today, the wonderful memories remind me of my beautiful Dad. The memories are good. I’m lucky, as there are no regrets nor words left unspoken between me and my Dad. I often feel him with me, smiling, proud and wanting to help. Today, though, the sweet memories are tinged with loss: Dad, Mom, Erick . . . and I’m having trouble finding the energy to do anything.

I thought about going to the movies. There are a lot of films I want to see – Green Lantern, Super-Eight, X-Men First Class, Hangover 2, Pirates 4, and a few others. I thought about going to Kensington, but don’t feel like crying. Thought about staying home and reading comic books or other books, or watch a stack of DVDs, but it seems too self-indulgent. I stopped by Kathy’s briefly to see her latest ghoul-creations. She finished her Zombie Doctor yesterday and is working on two scarecrows today. They looked great. She was in good spirits which was nice to see.

I’ve ended up at the office. I NEED to finish Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms. I NEED to assign more art for Lemuria. I need to do so many darn things. I’m definitely going to finish this one section on the gangs of Juarez – I only have two pages left (was too tired to finish it off last night) – and dive into one of several other almost finished sections of the book. Maybe inspiration will bite. I had it yesterday, but writing was slow. It’s like that some days.

We have so many great ideas cooking at Palladium. So much awesome talent. Yet it remains a bit of a struggle getting books to the printer. Please stick with us.

I can’t believe Gen Con is just around the corner. We’re looking forward to it. The convention is always a lot of work, but usually fun and profitable. Don’t know what to expect this year.

That’s enough musing from me. I have work to do. Probably not staying late today.

Happy Father's Day. I hope all of you Dads have a wonderful day. And to you kids, regardless of age, enjoy the time you have with your Dads. Remember to tell him how much he means to you, and how much you love him, especially if he’s one of those awesome Dads. It’s important. It means more to him than you may ever realize. And you can tell him anytime. It doesn't have to be Father's Day. ;)

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Game Designer

© Copyright June 19, 2011 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”