To our soldiers . . .

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

To our soldiers . . .

Unread post by Kevin »

To our soldiers . . .

I had planned to post something about our veterans yesterday, except we lost power at the Palladium Office most of the day. Then, every time I started to write today, I either struggled for the right words or started to think about my father and got depressed.

It being Memorial Day weekend, I’ve been thinking a lot about my Dad and Uncle Skip. My Dad served four years in the Air Force. It was the during the Korean Conflict, and though he did not see combat duty, those years had a profound influence on his life. My Uncle Skip served at the end of World War II, my Uncle Joe, four years in the Army, and my Uncle Ted enjoyed a successful career in the Navy. I have many friends who have served in the military and I know a number of Palladium fans who are in active service right now.

I know Palladium Books has a great many gamers in military service. I have been told by many that our games often help to pass the time, battle boredom and help folks get through some tough times. I am grateful that our silly little games can provide some momentary relief or bring a bit of home to our troops, wherever they are, but especially overseas and in combat zones.

I know Memorial Day is supposed to be a day to remember our fallen soldiers. Personally, I think it should be a day to remember ALL the men and women who put their lives on the line to serve and protect this country, past and present.

Thank you for having the courage to take a stand.

Thank you for doing what you believe is right.

Thank you for your sacrifice on our behalf.

I know it may not seem like it sometimes – and I know it is not said nearly often enough – but thank you. You are remembered and appreciated. And not just today. I think so few people truly understand or appreciate what it is you risk and sacrifice for us every single day. I wish I could say something more profound, but as I said, I could not find the right words today. Thank you just doesn’t seem to be enough, but I’m afraid it is all I have to offer. Thank you.

Please come home to us safe and whole.

With Love and Respect,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Game Designer

© Copyright May 30, 2011 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”