It has been a strange weekend

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

It has been a strange weekend

Unread post by Kevin »

It has been a strange weekend. In some ways I accomplished much more than I expected this weekend, in others ways less.

My weekend started out with sunshine and high energy, yet for some reason I struggled with writing and felt distracted and gloomy. I think I am fighting off a bug, so I wasn’t feeling very well Saturday morning. It wasn’t until evening that my writing engine snapped into gear and started to rev. That had me working until 10:30 at night, which didn’t help my health much. I am very happy with the writing I’ve done on Rifts Vampire Kingdoms™, but it took a while before getting to that place. I think this is another book that people are going to love.

I took care of some other business, answered some correspondences and addressed a few small concerns. Wayne came in to work on things too, but he seemed to be moving slow too. Maybe there was something in the air. Online sales were so so Saturday morning, but picked up somewhat by Sunday morning. I’m hoping for a strong night of Sunday sales to make it a decent weekend.

We celebrated Wayne’s birthday Friday night and we had a nice time eating, talking, laughing and watching Game of Thrones episodes 2 and 3. Thom Bartold was there so we talked a little business and figured out a solution to a minor problem with the new website. We had fun and Wayne made out like a bandit.

Red Wings finally won a game. They are down 3 games to 1 in the Hockey playoffs against the San Jose Sharks. I blame John Zeleznik. I hope they win tonight's game. GO WINGS!

I wanted to meet up with a couple of fan friends who were in town for the weekend, but that didn’t happen either.

I also forgot to call my brother to wish him a happy birthday on Saturday.

Sunday I felt better the first half of the day, but petered out by 7:00 that evening. I’m convinced I’m fighting off a bug, though Alex is convinced I need to take a couple days off.

Another minor problem with the new website also knocked out the message boards on our current website for a few hours. No big deal, all of you should have been visiting your mothers anyway. ;)

I wanted to see Thor but never got around to it. I heard it was pretty good – a solid B or B+ – at least for us comic book fans.

At least I’m hot writing Vampire Kingdoms™ and having fun with it.

That’s it for now. Keep those imaginations burning bright.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Game Designer

© Copyright May 8, 2011 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”