Creators Conference Mini-Report -- April 13 2011

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Creators Conference Mini-Report -- April 13 2011

Unread post by Kevin »

The Creators Conference rocked. It was everything I hoped it would be.

We had about 30 Palladium Creators. Mostly writers, a few artists, a few friends with a different viewpoint to share, and the Palladium staff.

We talked about everything, though the main focus was on writing, creating the best products possible and raising the bar. I want EVERY product we release to be our best work: Cutting edge, bold and dynamic. We talked about taking ourselves and Palladium to the next level and how to do that. We talked marketing and promotion as well as using the web to its full potential as both a marketing and social medium. We talked about the possibility of doing web comics, flash games and PDF products, as well as other things. We have big plans you see. Big plans. And this is just the beginning.

We need to start from a strong foundation, and that means an initial focus on what we do best: role-playing games and sourcebooks and build from there. And build we shall. The enthusiasm was palpable during the weekend. Energy was in the air. I saw light bulbs going on inside people's heads all weekend and we talked about everything. A lot of great questions, ideas and insight were shared. Hopefully, we can sustain the excitement and keep people excited and producing. We want to release new product that will knock your socks off.

Other news briefs:

The Rifter® #54 shipped Wednesday. Looks great.

Thundercloud Galaxy™ is at the printer. I approved the printer proof on Monday. The printer has confirmed a ship date of April 25.

I’ve started work on Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™.

Thundercloud Galaxy™ Sneak Preview is available on DriveThruRPG.com.

More about the Conference, our plans and thoughts in the weeks to follow. Check out the Weekly Update tomorrow evening for more information about the conference, Thundercloud Galaxy™ and other happenings.

Keep those imaginations burning bright.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Game Designer

© Copyright April 13, 2011 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”