Getting Dumped On

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Getting Dumped On

Unread post by Kevin »

Getting Dumped On

We are getting dumped on by a snow storm. The Weather Predictors warned of 12-15 inches, but so far it has only been about 8 inches, so I guess we should count our blessings. The wind (45 mph) and cold temps are worse than the snow and causing plenty of gusting and drifting. I told the crew to stay home, though Alex came in anyway and I have popped in to put in a short 7-8 hour day.

Been feeling dumped on by more than snow lately. Been dealing with one problem after another, trying to help some friends, and deal with the day to day grind. It seems like the days are flying by, I’m behind a few weeks where I want to be in our release schedule, we’re behind where I wanted us to be with regard to the new Palladium web site (it will be a radical change), little things keep cropping up to steal away more of our time, online sales have been poor the last week or two, and this week's sales have been just awful, yet the bills keep coming. I'm starting to worry about sales and I’m feeling worn out. I suspect a touch of the mid-winter blues are playing a role too.

Actually, I’m not really feeling that blue. There are so many exciting things happening behind the scenes at Palladium that it is diffucult to feel blue. It’s more like I’m tired and frustrated. We have a great many projects in development, so I’m juggling more balls in the air than usual, and that's saying something.

Here are just some of the positive developments pulling my attention in a hundred different directions:

Armageddon Unlimited™ looks great, is at the printer and is scheduled to ship February 10, 2011.

Thundercloud Galaxy™ is in production. I’ve been editing, rearranging and rewriting since Monday. I’m off to a good start and enjoying the book so far.

Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™ and the Vampires Sourcebook™ are in development.

I need to assign artwork for Robotech® the New Generation™, Rifts® Lemuria, Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames, and other titles. All of which, by the way, are awesome new books you are going to LOOOOVE.

A number of book manuscripts are piling up on my desk and waiting for my attention, including stuff for Chaos Earth, Rifts® and Robotech®.

The Rifter® Super-Subscription Offer is well underway with a few subscriptions coming in every day. Remember, this offer ends February 28, 2011.

The new Palladium Website. The preliminary work on the new website is outstanding. I had an excellent three hour conversation with Thom Bartold who will be one of the main guys behind the new look, form and function of the website (along with our secret fan helper who is the true architect behind it all, and he’s kicking out some great ideas and gorgeous work — wow!).

Creators' Conference is coming up fast. I can’t believe it is only two months away! I have so much to prepare before it gets here.

Making plans for Gen Con, advertising and promotion have also been on my mind.

Meetings and many projects. I had several meetings with Matthew Clements about a few different projects, met with Ben Rodriguez, enjoyed a long talk with Nick Bradshaw about an awesome new idea for a role-playing setting, had a great talk with Mike Leonard, exchanged emails with Brandon Aten, Mark Dudley, Taylor White and others, and I’ve been helping Alex Marciniszyn with a personal matter, among many other things.

It is all very exciting and all good stuff, but it requires much coordination on my part and is an awful lot on my plate. I guess I just wish it would all come together faster and easier. All in good time.

Oh, Happy Ground Hog Day. The little rascal did not see his shadow so that means an early Spring. Of course, the rodent is only correct something like 42% of the time. Game on and keep those imaginations burning bright.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Game Designer

© Copyright February 2, 2011 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”