What is a darn Murmur and other musings

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

Murmurs from the Megaverse® are supposed to be more than news briefs, hype and sales pitches. The Murmurs are intended to give you an inside look at the thoughts, musings and goings-on behind the scene at Palladium Books. Our Facebook page will do that to some degree as well.

That means you’ll get my personal thoughts, hopes, expectations, and feelings, along with updates and news bits. While any member of the Palladium staff can write and post a Murmur, they tend to shy away from doing so (cowards), leaving most of the Murmurs from me. I hope you don’t mind.

Thursday, January 6, 2011: It was a quiet day, finally, and I had a very good day working on Armageddon Unlimited™. This book is so good I can’t stand it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Carl, nice work, my friend.

We’re excited about so many out of stock titles coming back into print. Apparently, so are our distributors because we’re seeing nice orders coming in from them. Fantastic. Rifts® Dark Conversions and Rifts® Canada ship tomorrow. Six more books are back in print the following week, and at least one or two will become available in February, with more in the months to come. It’s good to get old favorites back in print.

What really has us excited are all the new releases coming your way. I only wish we could all write faster! Alas, writing is one of those time consuming tasks you just can't rush or take shortcuts with.

In addition to the books that you know about, we hope to unleash a number of welcomed surprises in the second half of 2011. This year being Palladium’s 30th birthday, it seems appropriate that we make a big splash across the board. Ideas for new books are coming at such a pace that I’ve been jotting down notes left and right. I even have a note pad at my bedside for when I wake up with ideas burning a hole in my head. Don't laugh, but I awoke with ideas for Nightbane® and for Rifts® so far this week. Today, I made notes for a potential whole new idea for a unique, small RPG. And it’s not just me with the ideas flying, but Palladium’s many freelance writers and artists too. I just hope we can deliver in the big way we are all imagining. I think we can. I hope our fans hang in there with us and are pleased and sometimes amazed all year long.

Well, it's another long day for me, so I’m going to wrap up and head for home.

Hey, if you want one, you NEED to place your order for a Surprise Package by Sunday. Otherwise you’ll have to wait till next Christmas. Tell our pals too.

Good night and dream boldly.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda

© Copyright January 6, 2011 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”