Rumblings of things to come

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

Even though I’ve worked all seven days, 10-14 hours a day this week, I haven’t written a word on any actual book. Yet the offices are abuzz with excitement and activity. Wayne, Alex, Kathy and I all came in over the weekend to work, I met with Mark Dudley and talked to several freelancers. There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes. Business things, contracts, scheduling, concept meetings, discussions with Palladium freelance writers and artists, and more.

Most of this week has been spent on business, communications, brainstorming and concept development. There’s been a rumbling at Palladium that is growing into a creative storm. A storm that is going to sweep you away in excitement and wonder.

If I have my way, a new era of creativity and greatness is about to begin. It’s all in the development stages, so I’m not going to say anymore at this time, except you will like what you see. So you better keep your eyes on Palladium Books.

UPDATE: 10 Shipping days till Christmas, so you better get those Christmas orders in SOON.

UPDATE: Online Sales. Saturday sales were awesome. Sunday morning’s had tapered off. All I can say is get those Christmas orders in as soon as possible. Especially the Christmas Surprise Packages. You can still ship economically if you get those orders in over the next few days.

UPDATE: Me. A number of you have expressed concern over me and the passing of my Dad, Henry Siembieda this past October. While I have my good and bad days, the good outweighs the bad. As I said before, my Dad’s passing was unexpected, but finding those cards from him touched me in such a profound way that it has brought me a renewed sense of peace, calm and clarity. I actually feel focused, positive and energized. I know my Dad wants the best for me and Palladium Books. He wants to see us strong and vibrant again, and that’s what I’m going to do. Man, if you heard some of the discussions and plans around here lately, you’d fall over. Good stuff. Great stuff.

UPDATE: The Rifter® #53 is going to be fun. Wayne always tries to make every issue of The Rifter® special, but I think the issues in 2010 have been a cut above – each one rock solid and dynamic. The Rifter® #53 kicks off 2011 with a bang and keeps up that tradition of issues jam-packed with source material that gets your imaginations revved up.

UPDATE: Armageddon Unlimited™ is a truly epic sourcebook. The source material will blow you away and the adventure setting will make you tremble with excitement.

Thundercloud Galaxy is next™. The entire book is illustrated by Mike Mumah and is written by Canadian, Braden Campbell. Again, just page after page of ideas, aliens, monsters and planets to inspire a galaxy of adventure.

The two Rifts® Vampire Books®, Robotech®, Dead Reign Sourcebook, and Rifts® Lemuria will all follow in short order in the first half of the year. Count on it!

The Minion War™ will wrap up by Spring with Megaverse in Flames™.

And that’s just the stuff you already know about. You ain’t seen nothin’ yet.

Thinking about doing Gen Con 2011, too.

Gotta run. Will reveal more in the days to come. Keep those imaginations burning bright!

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda

© Copyright December 12, 2010 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”