iOs or Android possibilities?? Kickstarter anyone??

For talk about the award-winning videogame for Nokia's handheld device, the N-Gage!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Would you buy Rifts: POP (or a new Rifts IP) on iOS or Android?

Hell NO! I want the Ngage back in all its glory!
No votes
TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!!
34%
I would like to see a direct port of the original game.
16%
I want to see Rifts go in a completely new direction with updated graphics and story as well as gameplay.
34%
If the price was right (or free) I might take a look.
16%

Total votes: 32

PapaMambo
Dungeon Crawler
Location: Winter-peg.. or Winnipeg for those not in the know..

iOs or Android possibilities?? Kickstarter anyone??

Unread post by PapaMambo »

Has anyone given any thought to either a direct port of Promise of Power over to iOS, or to Android (or both for that matter?)

In todays day and age of free or ridiculously cheap ($0.99) games, this would be the perfect way to get the game out to the masses.

I've never played the game (N-gage fizzled before it ever hit big here in Canada), but I can't imagine that it would be too difficult to create a port of an 8 year old game. Or better yet, if the rights to "Promise of Power" are tied up in limbo somewhere, how difficult would it be to create a new game based on the Rifts franchise?

I can guarantee a Kickstarter campaign could see this fully realized within a week or two. Look at the current Robotech Tactics Kickstarter - close to $400k in just over a week.

This should become a reality. I'm no programmer, but I do have a love for Palladium games, and I think the world could easily use and would want to play this game on their iPhones, iPod touches, iPads, and any number of Android devices out there. And to ensure that updates keep coming for the game, small microtransactions in-game (which seems to be the norm nowadays) could be used to unlock new adventures, new features, new classes, new weapons/spells etc.

Who's with me on this one?? Anyone?
"It isn't the bullet with his name on it that the professional soldier has to fear. It's all those addressed 'To Whom it May Concern'" - Anonymous
rc_brooks
Explorer

Re: iOs or Android possibilities?? Kickstarter anyone??

Unread post by rc_brooks »

I've wondered the same thing. Surely the company who brought it out the first time could try to turn their money a second time (obviously having to relicense). The largest challenge would be the alterations to use a different hardware set, I'd imagine.
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Re: iOs or Android possibilities?? Kickstarter anyone??

Unread post by Jorel »

It has been declared dead and not an option for the reasons to do with whoever holds the licensing. It has been repeatedly asked if it is an option and been repeatedly answered in the negative. Wish away, but this will unfortunately never happen.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)

Return to “Rifts® Promise of Power™”