Board index » MDC Worlds » Splicers®

Post subject: Re: Swarm Lord O.C.C.
Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:48 am

Megaversal® Ambassador

Comment: I have writing disability so if need me retype please let me known thank for read and posting please be respectful
Use the exp table slappy said that fits it uses Biotic & Packmaster exp talb
METAMORPH & SWARMLORD
Levell: 0,000 - 1,950
Level 2: 1,951 - 3,900
Level 3: 3,901 - 8,600
Level 4: 8,601 - 17,600
Level 5: 17,601 - 25,600
Level 6: 25,601 - 35,600
Level 7: 35,601 - 50,600
Level 8: 50,601 - 70,600
Level 9: 70,601 - 95,600
Level 10: 95,601 - 129,900
Level 11: 129,901-179,960
Level 12: 179,961 - 229,960
Levell3: 229,961 - 279,960
Level 14: 279,961 - 329,960
Level 15: 329,961 - 389,961

Megaversal Ambassador®

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:12 am

Megaversal® Ambassador

Comment: I have writing disability so if need me retype please let me known thank for read and posting please be respectful
been written one up I think need special sheet made for hive insects what you think.So this update is Swarm Lord Sheet over all
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=8 ... file%2cpdf

Megaversal Ambassador®

Last edited by darkguyver on Sun May 01, 2016 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:17 am

Megaversal® Ambassador

I created a character sheet for the hive insect. I'm going to uploaded to the skydrive. https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=9 ... peiTbn99tE
If corrections are needed please go ahead and do what ever corrections are needed.

Megaversal Ambassador®

Unread postPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:52 pm

D-Bee

Hi, sorry for the english (its not my main language).

Im running a splicer adventure and someone from my group made a swarmlord (love the occ), but when i helped him make it i found a problem, i could not find the range of the insects attacks, i mean i know they hit auto if the target is slower than the insect but lets say the target is faster, then if i read right u need a to hit roll but i dont read anything about range....a target could be 500 yards away or 2000 yards away and its the same?

Impact bugs got an effective range of 1500 yards but thats the only bug i found with a range stat, if i use a lighting bug and the targets runs faster then the bug whast the range?....did i miss something?

thx for the help

Unread postPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:05 am

Rifter® Contributer

That's the concept of living, self-guided ammo. The range doesn't matter. Impact Beetles have range because they move so fast they operate like a bullet. The rest of the bugs adjust their trajectory continuously to reach their target.

Unread postPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:34 pm

Explorer

This occ is amazing, would you be insulted if I modified it for a H.U. game? mainly just adding an AR

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:36 pm

Rifter® Contributer

Why would I be insulted by flattery? :)

Thank you very much. I think it would be even more fun in HU with insect control powers. You should check out the four horsemen in Rifts Africa for ideas there as well. Lot of cool stuff the works better in an SDC game.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:49 pm

Explorer

Just one of these guys would give most hero teams a run for their money. Now does the splice bestow supernatural strength or just the standard superhuman strength? I am also thinking of keeping everything as is but having the swarm lord look totally human. And I assigned an AR of 12 at first level +1 for every 3 levels of experience.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:50 am

Palladin

unless i'm remembering wrong, by default all host armours have "splicer strength" which is essentially the exact same thing as robotic strength, minus the robots :P

(it can be upgraded, however, so you could in theory have a host armour with supernatural strength... i don't think a typical swarm lord would focus on that though)

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:58 am

Megaversal® Ambassador

we got make stats for this Cook Strait Giant Wetas http://youtu.be/E1wWmG0lUbs this be to cool to pass up

Megaversal Ambassador®

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:10 pm

Hero

if you included bees you could have both attack & binding power! (attack from the bee's stinger & binding power from the bee's wax secretions!)

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:36 pm

Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

abe wrote:
if you included bees you could have both attack & binding power! (attack from the bee's stinger & binding power from the bee's wax secretions!)

Actually Slappy has these functions already covered very effectively and yet not overwhelming by putting too much into one species of Hive Insect. This makes the player think more strategic with their decisions of how they invest and customize their hive options:

Quote:
Stingers
Stingers are shaped a little bit different than normal Hive Insects. The hard carapace covering the insect’s back comes to a single hard point above its head. This razor sharp spike is actually a hollow tube that allows the Stinger to inject its target with a powerful organic acid. The acid is incredibly damaging to metallic alloys and inorganic materials, but is relatively harmless to living tissue (no damage, just mild skin irritation). The acid acts like the insect’s blood, so this complete disgorging of all the bug’s vital fluids is always fatal. The acidic blood is also the reason why Stingers are more likely to inflict damage. Even if the target swats and kills scores of bugs before they can inject their stinger, their blood will still eat away at their prey.

Flight Speed: 70 mph.
• High Frequency Stinger Blade: The sharp spike the Stingers use to inject their acid payload can be Bio-Enhanced with a high-frequency field. This allows the little bugs to stab the injection tube deeper into their target before they release their corrosive liquid. Increase damage inflicted by a Stinger (or a swarm of Stingers) by 50 percent.
• Enhanced Flight Speed: Stingers can receive larger, more powerful wings that allow them to achieve much greater flight speeds. Increase flight speed to 100 mph.

Weavers
Weavers look like two-inch long spiders with wings. Despite their small size, they can create a mega-damage webbing that is strong enough to hold the most powerful opponents. Their sole purpose is to quickly immobilize difficult prey so that it can be dealt with by allies. Just a handful of Weavers can incapacitate a human-sized target in seconds, and large swarms can even disable giant hunter/killer robots like Assault Slayers and Battle Tracks. Lone Weavers are nearly worthless, but swarms of them are incredibly effective. On a successful strike, the swarm begins to wrap the target in super-strong webbing. Larger targets take longer to incapacitate, but once the Weavers begin, it is nearly impossible to stop them. The only way to interrupt the process is to quickly kill the insects with a flame thrower or similar weapon. Of course, this is more likely to destroy the target then free it. These Hive Insects can also quickly weave barriers and seal shut doors, windows, or other access points. Weavers do not perform suicidal attacks like most Hive Insects, but they have no idea when the job is done. They will dutifully continue to apply webbing, even to a fallen opponent, until they eventually die of old age or are individually recollected by the Swarm Lord.

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:58 pm

Hero

diatary wise for their bio-suits you could have a netavore (a necter based diet of course)

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:36 am

abe wrote:
diatary wise for their bio-suits you could have a netavore (a necter based diet of course)

Actually this does give me a great idea that I must inquire with Slappy due to your suggestion Abe:.

Could a Swarmlord actually have an insect type like a 3 inch honey bee that gathers nectar and produces a sweet nourishing honey that can be poured from the hive like a cooler tap to provide limited nourishment to humans, Biotics and Omnivore metabolisms? Maybe its like a stimdose boost or temporary steroid?
Perhaps if the nectar is extracted/taken from a Gardener's garden, it has even more potent effects?
Could such Honey bees help pollinate Gardens for better expansion and habitat assessments?

Just my 2 cents

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:57 am

Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!
Premier wrote:
abe wrote:

Actually this does give me a great idea that I must inquire with Slappy due to your suggestion Abe:.

Could a Swarmlord actually have an insect type like a 3 inch honey bee that gathers nectar and produces a sweet nourishing honey that can be poured from the hive like a cooler tap to provide limited nourishment to humans, Biotics and Omnivore metabolisms? Maybe its like a stimdose boost or temporary steroid?
Perhaps if the nectar is extracted/taken from a Gardener's garden, it has even more potent effects?
Could such Honey bees help pollinate Gardens for better expansion and habitat assessments?

Just my 2 cents

Great additions!!! I'll have to set up a chat with you and Slappy, Chuck. I'll shoot you an e-mail.

Ninjabunny wrote:
You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote:
The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:
Because DINOSAURS.

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:01 pm

Hero

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Premier wrote:
abe wrote:

Just my 2 cents

Great additions!!! I'll have to set up a chat with you and Slappy, Chuck. I'll shoot you an e-mail.

also could the bee's produce a natural wax type armor (mega-damage or otherwise)?

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:36 pm

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Premier wrote:
abe wrote:

Just my 2 cents

Thanks GK!!!
Will be a pleasure to chat.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:10 pm

abe wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:
Premier wrote:
abe wrote:

Just my 2 cents

also could the bee's produce a natural wax type armor (mega-damage or otherwise)?

I am sure they could "if" you so desired,however, would it still smell like nectar and honey as that could be an obvious scent trail that could attract unwanted predators, Necroborgs or rival Splicers.

Also could imagine having the Weavers spew a type of woven MDC Living Body Armor that would be more flexible and lighter to wear. Just lay the person in a designated area splayed out with certain joint/bending areas covered in a type of lubricant and they begin to cocoon the person up in a mdc silk ninja like living body armor (probably would take up to 5-8 hours for an adult human to be spun, woven, treated and dried). Direct assistance from the Swarmlord however would be required to sort of sculpt and guide the process along. The Swarmlord would need to have some form of Artistry/Sculpting skill in conjunction with the Weavers for this to successfully work.

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:56 pm

Hero

the wax could be medium to heavy armor and the silk could be the light armor.

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:20 am

Megaversal® Ambassador

Love this group

Megaversal Ambassador®

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:30 pm

Hero

for the swarm lord's suit how about a dungavore (feeds upon fecal matter)

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:48 pm

Palladin

for ultimate irony, make it an insectovore :P

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:13 am

Hero

Any new thoughts on the subject?

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:32 pm

Shark_Force wrote:
for ultimate irony, make it an insectovore :P

Actually this might not be a bad idea! Depending on where the Hos Armor is located and going to be deployed mos often. If its a unit to be used by a Great House that is located in or near swamps, jungles, deep forests and lakes where an array of insects are plentiful, a predatory insectivore metabolism might go a far way with the Swamlord. A type of insect that goes out and raids insect hives and brings back their larvae and the insect kills to feed the Hive and the Host Armor as well.

Just want to avoid those hive wars as there are some really nasty Insects in Splicers, particularly rival House concepts and what lurks in the Preserves.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:14 pm

Palladin

would be really crazy to have an insect type that is designed to complement a gardener by subverting an external hive or something :)

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:29 pm

Shark_Force wrote:
would be really crazy to have an insect type that is designed to complement a gardener by subverting an external hive or something :)

Actually, that is a good idea! The Gardener would indeed benefit from having predatory insects to feed on the array of invading species of pest via insects, other alien predators and fauna.
Having some form of chemical safe Bio-insects that help protect the gardens from intruders (even against rival Splicers that exude a rival scent (given to the insects by the Swarmlord much like a bloodhound being given a scent to track). Possibly the Great House's pheromones and those of houses within its alliance could receive some form of colony immunity as well.

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:08 am

D-Bee

You gotta love a idea that is born from high amounts of caffeine and sleep deprivation.

Scent weapons from The Rifter #59 loaded with the chemical created by Stink bugs.

I know that it makes sense (to my earlier admitted) addled brain.

Thoughts? Comments?

If I've posted it by all means use it just tell everyone "yeah this was made by that guy who wrote that one thing" or something like that.

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:54 pm

Hero

How about candle-bugs? They look like bees but produce rods of wax with built-in wicks that can be used as candles?