Arrived at last...

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

TechnoGothic
Knight

Arrived at last...

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

What can i say.
It arrived a few hours ago...
i've only skimmed through, and alittle here and there so far.

I've already decided to ignore the Machine Section...
Sorry, Big C, but i just feel its needed that much. Ok, the bad art helped me turn away from wanting to us them also...
With the various Houses, thats all i need there really anyways.

I might keep the Machine, just as a Backburner villian to be Heard of, but not seen much if ever for my game...Maybe the House i will use is just too far out of the way to encounter them, who knows...

I LOVED the Biotic OCC...just needs more BIO-E points and more diversity of Biotic Sub-Types...workers, special forces, maybe even a Greater Biotic *to fill the role of a Mega-Biotic-like character*...

I can already see my players going for the Biotics over the others for one reason...
No Armor to worry about, its just YOU and your own new abilties...
Heck they Loved Playing Bio-Borgs in Rifts, so this is perfect for them.
I think i'll Max out starting Bio-E points, and then give them 3 levels of Enhancements, and make them Level 9 Biotics...
I'll have them roll 3d10+25 three times...add it all up and say GO....
170 Bio-E + *94 to 165 extra Bio-E* isnt bad...
I'll Tell them they Dont have to spend it all then though ;)
That way if during play they see areas they might need to improve in, they can spend it later where they think they need it for the game...

i know, my players wont like the Dreadguard...the Code of Duty will turn them off big time.

My Mega-Biotic idea...would work well with a shamed Dreadguard...
Taking a Deforming Transformation, and working off his debts in discrace.
Taking his former Status into consideration, he is given Extra Enhancements to reward his Past status some...
This Transformation takes the place of the Suicide to save your honor, but debts must be repayed in Service...

Great Game...overall :ok:

Just need more Biotics :demon: :twisted:
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
maasenstodt
Adventurer

Re: Arrived at last...

Unread post by maasenstodt »

TechnoGothic wrote:What can i say.
It arrived a few hours ago...
i've only skimmed through, and alittle here and there so far.

I've already decided to ignore the Machine Section...
Sorry, Big C, but i just feel its needed that much. Ok, the bad art helped me turn away from wanting to us them also...
With the various Houses, thats all i need there really anyways.

I might keep the Machine, just as a Backburner villian to be Heard of, but not seen much if ever for my game...Maybe the House i will use is just too far out of the way to encounter them, who knows...

I LOVED the Biotic OCC...just needs more BIO-E points and more diversity of Biotic Sub-Types...workers, special forces, maybe even a Greater Biotic *to fill the role of a Mega-Biotic-like character*...

I can already see my players going for the Biotics over the others for one reason...
No Armor to worry about, its just YOU and your own new abilties...
Heck they Loved Playing Bio-Borgs in Rifts, so this is perfect for them.
I think i'll Max out starting Bio-E points, and then give them 3 levels of Enhancements, and make them Level 9 Biotics...
I'll have them roll 3d10+25 three times...add it all up and say GO....
170 Bio-E + *94 to 165 extra Bio-E* isnt bad...
I'll Tell them they Dont have to spend it all then though ;)
That way if during play they see areas they might need to improve in, they can spend it later where they think they need it for the game...

i know, my players wont like the Dreadguard...the Code of Duty will turn them off big time.

My Mega-Biotic idea...would work well with a shamed Dreadguard...
Taking a Deforming Transformation, and working off his debts in discrace.
Taking his former Status into consideration, he is given Extra Enhancements to reward his Past status some...
This Transformation takes the place of the Suicide to save your honor, but debts must be repayed in Service...

Great Game...overall :ok:

Just need more Biotics :demon: :twisted:

Yikes! :eek:

Did you see in the other Biotic thread just how munchkin a Biotic can be at default BIO-E levels? What would you possibly need more for?!? To each their own, no doubt about it, but when I think about what playing in one of your games would be like, words fail me. :?

Just to reiterate what I think is most lacking in Splicers, the fact that Biotics are about as low powered of an O.C.C. as can be had is pretty scary. I think the basic resistance fighter is a sorely needed addition to the game.

At least there isn't a shortage of opinions on Splicers... :P
TechnoGothic
Knight

well i know my players...
They would want some of the very expensive stuff such as Flight Wings or Thusters.
Up their PS , PE, PP, ect...speed too...
some level of regeneration besides basic...
Lets not forget Weapons....
Extra Armor added i know they would want some...

i'll see How they would build a Normal Biotic first though.

In our Rifts games, they went for Bio-Borgs who had to roll vs Death before play started like 7 times :lol: , Alien Godlings, Dragons both Hatchlings and Adult, Borgs, Light PAs that had alot of ammo *unlimited*, Mystic Smiths, Riathenors, Psy-slingers, Battle Mage...

We ran the gambit of Power levels.
They perfer the High and Medium Levels though...

i Think Biotics will give them a good First Taste for the setting though.
If they Find them Powerful, i'll just tell them, Biotics are Low in power ;)
That will scare them...

MY First sesson or two will prob have them fighting off Normal Soldiers with Bioweapon handguns and the like...and step up the challenges slowly for them...
They Loved the ALL Riathenor game i ran, sluaghtering people left and right...that power went to their heads FAST ;)
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
TechnoGothic
Knight

i was reading in more depth...
Yeah, normal Biotics would be all i would need :lol:
yeah, that did run through my head too. Roughnecks *grunts* to begin with.
If they dicrace themselves enough they can become Biotics proper ;)
Though my players would see it as a bad thing.

They would rp out those insanityies pretty easy though...
The Superhero one fits Two of them if given any power :lol:
None of them would make good dreadguards, archangels, packmasters, or outsiders though...

That One Good Host Armor, if destroyed being replaced by a basic Host Armor is what would turn them off big time...

Yeah, i'll just go with Roughnecks and Biotics for them to begin the game with...Basic 1st levels at that..
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

TechnoGothic
Knight

i meant that my players would not see becoming Biotics as a Bad thing....my bad.

I showed them the book to tonight, just to tease them alittle.

They looked at the Dreadguard...saw the Code, and said "F*That", next...
After some questions and things, i do believe they all Liked Biotics the most, then Roughnecks, just didnt like having a "suit", and being able to lose it...

I Called it pretty good though....
They liked Biotics for the Permanent Transformation aspect, but the didnt like Skinjobs/Scarecrows one bit, and they laughed at the Saints...

i'll have to ponder what to do though. Tonight i'm going to Write up several OCCs Characters -- Archangel, Biotic, Dreadguard, Packmaster, and Roughneck....to see how easy each are. One of my Players was interested in the Packmasters cause of the Gorehounds doing whatever he wants them too aspect...plus he loves Dogs ;) and is a Hunter....

As for me, after reading the book completly, ok 75% completly at least.
I'm interested in Archangels, Biotics, and Dreadguards for myself....If i was going to Play a character in someone elses game.
Archangel *either modeled after the picture or custom*...Custom i'd make it a Predator Armor, swooping in on the Hunt to feed the Armor would be fun to RP out...Big Feet Talons...modified to grasp things ;)
Biotic -- Custom 100%...flight *insect wings*, Blades, strength, armor, and the like...ohh super regeneration would be nice too ;)
Dreadguard -- Hummm, a Beefed up version of the Archangel i'd make most likely. Could go with a Paristite Armor though, i wouldnt mind it. Most Likey will be either Carnivore, Parasite, Thermsythetic *desert world*, Photosynthetic *Day Patrols would feed it, in the desert*, and maybe i dont know Lithovore *blend in better to the desert rocks*....The Only metabolism that would find food very hard to find would be the Herbivore in my desert setting, though they might be good to protect what little areas of water/plants are around...for feeding needs.

who knows :demon:
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

TechnoGothic
Knight

i'm working on a basic setting for my group right now

i am going with the Desert World idea though. Dead Ocean, only bio-engineered animals live in it.
i'm going to use more Free Willed War Mount-like creatures too.
Gorehounds -- great idea
SaberCats -- picture a Tiger or Lion like Great cat. Bio-mods besides Saber-blades Fangs are rare, though Sight & Hearing Enhancements they all have too. Strange ability them have...Reproduction, the kittens have the Basic mods from birth, takes only a few months to grow to adulthood, but cannot mate until year 10. As they grow in experiance new mods appear by themselves...usually things to help them Hunt and kill prey. SaberCats were stopped being made long ago, due to a strong will and would turn on humans from time to time. Now it seems *Nature* has found a way for them to reproduce naturally. This scares many houses for some reason ;)

thats just a teaser, i'll post another thread about *OUR Splicer settings later, so everyone can list changes made to the basic setting, your houses in detail, new Mount-based creatures, ect...
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Return to “Splicers®”