Do they do enough damage?

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ghost2020
Adventurer

Do they do enough damage?

Unread post by ghost2020 »

Just checking over some of the weapons and the bad guys' MDC levels...I'm wondering if the Splicers' weapons do enough damage? The guns seem kinda weak.

The defenses look good though.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

i dont know...give me some examples in Low Damages, Medium Damages, High Damages, and Insane Damages that their weapons inflict...
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

You also have to look at how many of the weapons do area splash damage. The basic, starting weapons aren't all that spectacular, but with the upgrades in each class, and the ultra type upgrades they can really pack a punch.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Display-Name-Alpha
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Display-Name-Alpha »

the sentry tower particle beam cannons... the damage Carmen had for them was 2d6x100.

Kevin edited them down to 2d6x10.

How do I know this???

Back in origins, I got to play a test that Carmen GMed. And he was going on about how you should be afraid of these sentry tower guys becasue of thier cannon.well 2d6x10 while still powerful is not that fearful when you look at how much damage one can take.
maasenstodt
Adventurer

Unread post by maasenstodt »

Godly Cheese wrote:the sentry tower particle beam cannons... the damage Carmen had for them was 2d6x100.

Kevin edited them down to 2d6x10.

How do I know this???

Back in origins, I got to play a test that Carmen GMed. And he was going on about how you should be afraid of these sentry tower guys becasue of thier cannon.well 2d6x10 while still powerful is not that fearful when you look at how much damage one can take.

Wow. That's quite interesting because I remember thinking that that cannon was a bit underpowered. Are there any other changes that you or anyone else who playtested remember? If so, I'd love to hear them. :D
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

Lets take a look at the Land dominator which weighs in at 280 tons, a large chunk of which is the drive unit and its 18 other energy weapons that somehow still has the ability to lug a BAG that does 1D4X100, however when you look at the art its obviouse that the tower gun would have to be lighter than the gun on the LD.

also both are roughly 60 ft tall. the tower gun is a plasma cannon(posible recoil issues?) Personaly I would keep the damage and up the range.
冠双
Dark_Lightning
Wanderer

Unread post by Dark_Lightning »

From what I can gather, the Splicers have to rely on cunning, numbers, and sheer inventiveness in order to beat back the Machine. Even starting out as a Dreadguard with a healthy Bio-E count to build the armor, you have so much to consider before you get to selecting waepons. I do plan on "improving" on a few weapons, however (i.e. the bore cannon, a cross between the gore cannon and organic missiles, and a few others) to help round out character building where weapons are concerned.
"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." Chris Titus, comedian.
Dark_Lightning
Wanderer

And with the Rooks being mobile, that doesn't help, either. Now, can they also summon Necrobots and 'borgs to them as well? Or just the usual 'bots?
"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." Chris Titus, comedian.
Dark_Lightning
Wanderer

That is about what I figured. Though, since the Necros are so easy to make and use, I would think that sheer numbers would overwhelm any opposing Splicers.

Return to “Splicers®”