Little Lost Splicer

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

DarkTidings

Little Lost Splicer

Unread post by DarkTidings »

What if a splicer ended up on rifts or Heroes Unlimited, would the nano plague that infests him die because of lack of communication from nexus or would it continue with its mission to replicate itself and do its little thing?

And just to say I am loving Splicers
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

For the sake of simplicity, I would assume that the rules for dropping a Splicer onto Rifts Earth would apply in HU2 as well. The nanites would only affect the person they arrived with and would NOT reproduce.
Ishmael
Wanderer

Unread post by Ishmael »

This is where I am confused
I thought the nanites were in all metal on the Splicer world and it was the plague in them that triggered the nanites?
Maybe I just need to read through the book a couple more times
Ishmael "Betrayer of Hope" Incantare

Without hope there is nothing.
Mike Taylor

Ishmael wrote:This is where I am confused
I thought the nanites were in all metal on the Splicer world and it was the plague in them that triggered the nanites?

The plague IS the nanites.
Ishmael
Wanderer

Unread post by Ishmael »

So wouldn't it infect any human that they came in contact with except the TechnoJackers??
Ishmael "Betrayer of Hope" Incantare

Without hope there is nothing.
Mike Taylor

On the Splicers world, yes, because the nanites are everywhere. However, being infected does not trigger the nanite response unless the character comes in contact with metal for longer than a few seconds.
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

Do the nanites have a shelf life?

Would a D-travelling splicer eventually lose the plague reaction over time?
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
Mike Taylor

Shaka wrote:Do the nanites have a shelf life?

Would a D-travelling splicer eventually lose the plague reaction over time?

That isn't so clear. I would assume that over time they would wear out, but that could be YEARS.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Re: Little Lost Splicer

Unread post by cornholioprime »

DarkTidings wrote:What if a splicer ended up on rifts or Heroes Unlimited, would the nano plague that infests him die because of lack of communication from nexus or would it continue with its mission to replicate itself and do its little thing?

And just to say I am loving Splicers
Splicer nanites (apparently) don't reproduce, since the Book's Author states that they would temporarily infect nearby metals, bt would NOT swarm and eventually kill off a Planet (See the "Phase World" Sourcebook for what happens when Nanites go mad [[these nanites were created and, later, went after all humanoids after the scientists involved unwittingly used the advanced designs from the remains of a certain Megaversally infamous Cyborg Race as part of its programming]] and take over a Solar System)..........................
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Ishmael wrote:This is where I am confused

They're not just in the metal; they're also in the bodies of all humans in the Splicers world.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

The book specifically states that the nanomachines are not self replicating.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Ishmael wrote:So wouldn't it infect any human that they came in contact with except the TechnoJackers??
Not only Humans but nearly ALL Mammals (why the Author decreed this is unknown).
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

cornholio wrote:
Ishmael wrote:So wouldn't it infect any human that they came in contact with except the TechnoJackers??
Not only Humans but nearly ALL Mammals (why the Author decreed this is unknown).

Because Rats and other animals are also effected by the plague so you can't teach a dog to pick up metal to move it safely. It also makes it so you can't make an animal like a Gorehound fully intelligent and able to use the machines weapons etc.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

lol, could you just imagine what would happen to a CS squad rifted to the splicer world...

poor CS-Juicer is doomed...
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan

Return to “Splicers®”