What would you like to see in the next book?

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Pages... I want a book with just as many pages as this one full of stuff. At this point I'll take whatever they put in it. ;)

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Just a short list (cannot find the long one) :D

Items that may have been cut from the main book.

Rules for enhancing Melee and Ranged BioWeapons or even changing the type of damage/effect of the weapons. Allowing combined weapons like the Naruni's Multi weapons or spear or sword that can fire ranged attacks. Even linking handheld weapons with BioArmor allowing the suit to boosted the weapon.

Some early BioTech Armor and weapons. Common BioTech items that are used for trade with other human groups. Tools for collecting Bio samples that are needed. A wider range of medical items. A wider range of weapons, some that may have come from Retro-Villages.

More Enhancements for Armor, weapons and War Mounts. Some should be set for different types of terrain (Jungle, Desert, mountains, etc.) Have some that may use or interface with small animals, birds and even insects. Enhancements like 'Friend and Foe' glands, ways of attaching external Living items to Armor, some form of Guillie suit and more military type BioSystems. External items could be backpacks that of a different Metabolism than the Armor's allowing a wide range of areas that to operate in. (Herbivore in the desert, Photosynthetic in the underground, etc.). Parasite modules that have weapons or sensors that expend the Armor's systems.

"Better Combat weapons that use the use of Chemicals". Red Bull for Bio Armor and weapons. ChemSticks that could be Shard weapons to change the type of damage or effect.

Animals found in the Nature Preserves or that might have created by Gaia to use against the Humans. What the Librarians did to them for use by the Resistance as War Mounts or adding to their BioEquipment . Have a wide list of Large and small animals. Some of them may even be used by the Retro-Villages. Message runners, scouts, different versions of Gore Hounds, walking Weapons (like the Behemoth is) and their like.

That's my short list.
Last edited by abtex on Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Geronimo 2.0 wrote:Godzilla Mounts!!!!

Yeah, they can be made out of rubber and get an attack bonus against cardboard skyscrapers.
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

Geronimo 2.0 wrote:Godzilla Mounts!!!!

We've already got King Ghidorah, so why not? ;)

To keep up the tradition, I'd like to see another reference to LJ. That's what, TWO game books and a Rifter now?

I'd like more information on the Seedlings, myself, including typical living and community areas, and the layout of an average Resistance barracks. More information on other Great Houses would be helpful as well.
Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Unread post by Todd Yoho »

Mike Taylor wrote:To keep up the tradition, I'd like to see another reference to LJ. That's what, TWO game books and a Rifter now?

Granted! :D

You'll just have to have some patience...
Insert 400 character limit here.
Mike Taylor

abtex wrote:bump

The mods don't like it when folks do that. Somebody abused the *bump* privilege a while back while upping their post count.
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

I want everything that was misspelled, left out, clarifications etc...
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

More Computer drones/bots - the picture inside the front cover under the disclaimer shows a bot not described inside (love the artwork!).

More OCCs - more info on houses/ day to day life.

More info on retro villages and the nature preserves.
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Reference to LJ? What is that? Lyndon Johnson? Lovely Juicebox? leaping Jehosaphats?
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

If a Lib./Eng. can turn a person into a biotic and grow a new limb to replace a lose one. How about a way to have organic 'cyberware' and 'bionics'. A wider range of Biotic or at lease more information on them and the other known OCCs. Log sheet for their 'design' like Mutant animals one in the Character Sheets section of The Cutting Room Floor.

Could we get Log sheets for creating Host Armor and their like (Living Armor, Wing Pack, etc.). You do not ever have to wait of the next book for them.

Under different Bio Enhancements. How about expanding the interaction between the different organs: like the Chemical sprayer (or some thing like it) Screamer Grenades or Bore and Casting weapons to create a long range chemical weapons. Also away of using external chemical loads with the Armor organs and other organic weapons.
Last edited by abtex on Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
Display-Name-Alpha
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Display-Name-Alpha »

One thing I would like to see is varying degrees of resistance around the world.

How each "nation" is fareing.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

abtex wrote:
Mike Taylor wrote:
abtex wrote:bump

The mods don't like it when folks do that. Somebody abused the *bump* privilege a while back while upping their post count.

I did it for two reasons.
1) we are on a two week cycle, and did not want to lose this topic.
and 2) because I had a couple more things to add.
(and my count is only 30 or 31 messages)
Well then instead of bumping just do what you did just now, post something meaningful, helpful or relevant to the thread. Bumping just do bump is not well recieved around here.

Thank you for your input so far. Keep posting!
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Stormseed
Explorer

Unread post by Stormseed »

Mike Taylor wrote:To keep up the tradition, I'd like to see another reference to LJ. That's what, TWO game books and a Rifter now?

Was he mentioned in Splicers? I've seen him in SoL and Dinosaur Swamp, but not anywhere else.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

wasnt "LJ" a poster on these boards ??
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
TechnoGothic
Knight

Splicer Character Sheets
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
abtex
Champion

More OCCs

Unread post by abtex »

Wider range of OCCs. Some could be:

Biotics: not all have to be criminals or other outcasts.
-> Servitor - an indentured Worker or Constrip(ms) Warrior. To get protection from or to trade with the Resistance some families may indenture a member to serve in some form.
-> Muleskinner - mix of Biotic/Packmaster/Outrider. Works with a Packmaster or Outrider and their War Mounts. Could also drive the Resistance's support wagons or transport mule trains.
-> BioMass Miner/Hunter - someone to that helps feed the needs of the Resistance. Boneyard searchers.

Roughnecks:
-> Airborne version - RNeck/Archangel or RNeck/flying Outrider. Supports the Archangel or provide cover for their RNeck unit.
-> K-9 (needs a better name) - RNeck/Packmaster, may have a GoreHound (or it's like) or a Walking weapon (small version of Behemoth)

Archangel:
-> Falconeer - a mix of Archangel/Packmaster has a flock of airborne GoreHounds... (slappy been that, done that almost)
-> (needs a name) - Archangel/Outrider. Has a flying WarMount or would this OCC be an airbrone Outrider.

Outrider: drawing a blank. Have they alreadly been covered above?

Tinker or Smith: a pre version of an Engineer, like the Saint but works on Bio Tech weapons, Armor and the like. Yes I know that the Lib. can do enchancements using Bio points. But the Smith upgrades the BioTech item for a cost or a job.

Anyone else think of any others that might be needed?
slappy working overtime on them.
Last edited by abtex on Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kyo

Unread post by Kyo »

The thing is most of the things you described can already be made, the classes are all innately morphable. A few of them might require new Bio-E options (some sort of bone gathering moroph) otherwise just spend your points right and your golden. Flying gorehounds are gore hounds with the flight morphs. Gorehounds and War mounts can be bonded to anyone, they just usually aren't.

If you want new mounts (like the walking gun) just create them the way you create armor and roll up some stats. All the others are just current O.C.C's with strange morphs.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

TechnoGothic wrote:wasnt "LJ" a poster on these boards ??

Was and is. He primarily posts on the Systems Failure and Sound Off forums.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
TechnoGothic
Knight

Re: More OCCs

abtex wrote:Wider range of OCCs. Some could be:

Biotics: not all have to be criminals or other outcasts.
-> Servitor - an indentured Worker or Constrip(ms) Warrior. To get protection from or to trade with the Resistance some families may indenture a member to serve in some form.
-> Muleskinner - mix of Biotic/Packmaster/Outrider. Works with a Packmaster or Outrider and their War Mounts. Could also drive the Resistance's support wagons or transport mule trains.
-> BioMass Miner/Hunter - someone to that helps feed the needs of the Resistance. Boneyard searchers.

ok
i just goy the book a few hours ago.
i Love the Biotics the most.
We need more Types of Biotics...
*Worker Biotics
*Special Forces Types
*Airborne - based Biotics
*Greater Biotics *Biotic Class that gets alot more BIO-E points equal to a Dreadguard* - Maybe an Elite Soldier who wishes to Permanently Enhanced...Might be a Total Fusion of a Host Armor and a Human to were they are One...

As you can see, i liked the Biotic OCC alot.
Maybe this ELITE / Greater Biotic fills many roles...like Navy Seals types
Starts with Supernat PS, and the Greater Regeneration for free, everything else is bought as normal, just has a greater amount of Bio-E to buy with...
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

maasenstodt
Adventurer

Re: More OCCs

Unread post by maasenstodt »

TechnoGothic wrote:ok
i just goy the book a few hours ago.
i Love the Biotics the most.
We need more Types of Biotics...
*Worker Biotics
*Special Forces Types
*Airborne - based Biotics
*Greater Biotics *Biotic Class that gets alot more BIO-E points equal to a Dreadguard* - Maybe an Elite Soldier who wishes to Permanently Enhanced...Might be a Total Fusion of a Host Armor and a Human to were they are One...

As you can see, i liked the Biotic OCC alot.
Maybe this ELITE / Greater Biotic fills many roles...like Navy Seals types
Starts with Supernat PS, and the Greater Regeneration for free, everything else is bought as normal, just has a greater amount of Bio-E to buy with...

Um, Carman, just as a heads up if you read this, the quoted opinion is not one that is universally shared. I like the way that Biotics are not glorified but rather are disgraced beings that do not merit more than they are given, and that even that much is only to allow them to survive long enough to take out a few machines.

Biotics provide a unique opportunity to play what are essentially despised warrior-slaves with no memory of the crimes that led to their predictament. Allowing elite or special forces type Biotics would undermine their powerful, singular role as cannon fodder in the war for human survival.

If one wants an elite, it makes more sense to come in the form of a Dreadguard or other O.C.C. For besides the fact that they are more powerful to begin with, they also retain their own humanity, something that makes them intinsically superior to a modified Biotic.
Mike Taylor

Stormseed wrote:

Was he mentioned in Splicers? I've seen him in SoL and Dinosaur Swamp, but not anywhere else.

He's mentioned in Rifter 28 in the Dinosaur Swamp expansion material Todd added. He's not mentioned in Splicers at all. With LJ being a good sport about the last two appearances, I just think it would be funny to see what sort of bizarre situations he could be put in.
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Something else that could be added to the next book(s). A list of what ifs and what that effect would be. Some could be:

If the planet has a Weather Control system, Space program, Orbital Defense System (more info that the hints in the book), How alien races would effect, Coastal Defense info and such.

Just a thought.
Add to the list if you want.

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Shadow_otm wrote:Bio-borgs...
Look at Biotics
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
TechnoGothic
Knight

Therumancer wrote: #2: An errata that fixes some of the game balance issues. For example I like the idea of the "Biotic" and feel that they are a bit too weak to be playable. As it is there is no real reason to be anything except a Dreadguad or one of the high end OCCs.

While Palladium does include a lot of OCCs of variable power (as they point out it's not a balanced system) with 'grunts' alongside special forces, I don't think there are enough viable options within Splicers.

Right now you can be a psi-healer type with tentecles sprouting out of you, a dreadguard, a techno-jacker, or maybe a scarecrow or skinjob. Otherwise your pretty much cutting yourself short. Unless of course the GM is intentionally running the game for second tier characters and doesn't want the most powerful OCCs running around.

Some real role-players are going to select less powerful OCCs for fun. But then again remember this is so far a combat game (kill robots! yayayayaya!). I think that given the premise your typical group of gamers are mostly going to fall into specific niches and a lot of the OCCs are just filler as they are going to be shunned. Why be an armored grunt when you can be an armored dreadguard? Why be an Archangel when you can be a flying Dreadguard?

i guess they are for the Less powerful character types.
but yeah, with what a Dreadguard gets why play the others it seems.

A more powerful general 'bio-borg' type would be a good addition (ie upgrade the biotic) as well as some other options.

#3 Sexxxy babes! all RPGs need more Sexxxy babes! :)

>>>----Therumancer--->

i thought about making My Own type of Greater Biotics or Mega-Biotics.
What i have worked out so far :
They are so re-engineered they are basicly HostArmor/WarMounts in One.
They have become fully a Host-Armor like creature. Just picture a Host Armor Appearance wise...
Give them a Metablism as per HostArmors.
Same Bio-E as a Dreadguard.

They basically have been Transformed into Monsters.
Almost as if a Host Armor had been permantly bonded to a person and could not remove it ever...but more so...
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Return to “Splicers®”