Technojacker clans

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

rem1093
Dungeon Crawler

Technojacker clans

Unread post by rem1093 »

Since the book is not out yet. Was wondering if anybody has done anything with the different clans. I have a couple of ideas. Was wondering if I can post them?
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Re: Technojacker clans

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

Go nuts, buddy.
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

agreed, do post them.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
rem1093
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by rem1093 »

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I'm not home right now but will post them by monday.
rem1093
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by rem1093 »

Here are two.

Machine Men:
Machine men are Technojackers that be leave that the best way to fight the machine is to become one. To do this they get replace their body parts with Cybernetic ones. (NOTE: They only become Partial Cyborg, never a full).
Ability's:
Upgrade:
When a Technojacker connects with a machine the ninites scan the machine and adds features that it has to their cybernetics. For example, a Technojacker has basic cyborg eyes and connects to a machine with multi optics, their eyes will change to the multi optics.

Living Machine: (can only be taken at level 7)
This ability full merges the living body and cybernetics of the Technojacker. When the ability first manifest the nanites form a cocoon around the Technojacker for 1 day. When they emerge the cybernetics are changed, becoming more organic looking and soft to the touch. The technojacker regains their full sense of touch. It also spreads the cybernetics throughout the body allowing the both the cybernetic and organic to mach. (this counts for stats even if the body part in not cybernetic. for example, if you only have one cyborg arm the organic one will find its stats change to match.)

Tinkerers:
The Tinkerers are experts at building or repairing old tech.
they automatically both Mechanical and Electrical engineering skills.
Abilitys:
Jerry Rig:
Jerry rig allows the technojacker to quickly fix or rebuild any device without having all the right components. this could be as simple as using a metal pipe and a gun barrel or a complex as getting a device to work with the wrong size/spec component. The one problem with the ability is that what it make will nor last long, they components will always eventually brake down.
Duration: 2D6 plus 1 hour per level.

Kit bash:
Kit bash is a more enhanced version of Jerry rig. It is used to mix and combine different devices and components to create a single machine. For example attaching sights or other attachments to a gun that they aren't designed for and giving a truck tank treads to drive with. Unlike Jerry rig these builds will last.
BookWyrm
Champion

Good stuff so far. I'm thinking of coming up with one of my own & putting it up here, so let me voice a couple ideas;

The TJ Clans each have a unique or uncommon Ability (along with the usual TJ capabilities) that denotes them from other clans, not just style, customs, ect.?

Would certain non-Technojackers be welcome in some TJ Clans? Say, Biotics or Deliveryman that would serve as a go-between to some Houses for trade or intel-exchange; banished lower-caste Splicers (not Dreadguard or above) finding a place in said Clans outside of the House they were in?

Initial concept: Reclamators (aka Junkers or Junkmen)
This clan is a motley-crew of mostly Technojackers, but also a few low-caste Splicers from Houses that have either banished them for some crime or willingly exist there to act as go-betweens for the Clan. Reclamators view the re-taking of their world from the Machine as a common goal with the other Houses, but they make the most use of every resource they can get their hands on; using enslaved robots for most heavy labor and defense, protection, ect.

More when I get the chance to read through the article in Rifter #80. Hope all are having a great day (whenever you see this).
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

in what i consider to be delicious irony, technojacker clans probably don't like having non-technojackers around for the same reason other people get nervous when technojackers come to visit; just as a technojacker could unwittingly carry metal bits into a community, a non-technojacker human could very easily come in contact with various metal things the technojackers are keeping on hand to use for themselves, and trigger a nanoplague response (which technojackers normally never have to worry about) =D

i would expect, therefore, that most don't (and most non-technojackers don't want in), although given a sufficiently large number of clans, at least one clan is probably an exception and has non-technojackers in it.
Last edited by Shark_Force on Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
BookWyrm
Champion

Good point, Shark_Force. Well, it is a work in progress.
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

rem1093 wrote:Since the book is not out yet. Was wondering if anybody has done anything with the different clans. I have a couple of ideas. Was wondering if I can post them?

Go to...
FACEBOOK.... Groups
Un-Official Fans All Things Palladium Books !!!

These boards seem DEAD.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan

Return to “Splicers®”