Blurb on new Splicers material in Xmas in July sales pitch

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Wooly
Adventurer

Blurb on new Splicers material in Xmas in July sales pitch

Unread post by Wooly »

● Splicers®, Beyond the Supernatural™ and Chaos Earth® RPGs all have sourcebooks coming out in 2015, so you might want to snag them; and don’t forget the Creatures of Chaos™ sourcebook for Chaos Earth®.

I want to believe!
“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C.S. Lewis
Wooly
Adventurer

Re: Blurb on new Splicers material in Xmas in July sales pit

Unread post by Wooly »

"4-6 sourcebooks coming over the next 12 months."

•Splicers® RPG – Cat. No. 200 – $16.05 four days only. A world dominated by an insane A.I. (artificial intelligence) and her deadly machines. Caretaker of humanity? She and her multiple personalities think so, even if she has manufactured a metal virus that kills humans and keeps them in the Stone Age. Humanity’s salvation rests in the hands of the Splicers – freedom fighters who bio-engineer and grow living weapons and host armor to battle their robotic enemy. 224 pages. A game unlike anything on the market. 4-6 sourcebooks coming over the next 12 months.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=149172
“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C.S. Lewis
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

see, now that's just crazy talk.

there were 4-6 splicers books coming out a year ago too. i think we're about as likely to make the goal in the next 12 months as we were in the last 12 monks. i'm optimistic about doing better (ie getting a non-zero amount of new splicers books), but 4-6 just isn't happening. the manuscripts may be in his hands, but no way is kevin getting that many splicers books finished on top of all the other stuff he wants to do.

on a side note, i never considered NEXUS believing she/they are the caretaker of humanity was a major plot point. so far as i can tell, only 1/7 personalities consider that to be something worth even acknowledging, and that one is explicitly the weakest of them all. seems odd to include that as the blurb for the setting.
Wooly
Adventurer

Unread post by Wooly »

Shark_Force wrote:see, now that's just crazy talk.

there were 4-6 splicers books coming out a year ago too. i think we're about as likely to make the goal in the next 12 months as we were in the last 12 monks. i'm optimistic about doing better (ie getting a non-zero amount of new splicers books), but 4-6 just isn't happening. the manuscripts may be in his hands, but no way is kevin getting that many splicers books finished on top of all the other stuff he wants to do.

Could you cite your source on this? I have checked all murmurs and weekly update emails from 8/8/12 to present. The last explicit mention of Splicers sourcebooks where a number is given was in August 2012 projecting a 2013 releases. I could not locate any information on Splicer releases at all in 2013 or 2014 beyond "we are working on it" (10/24/12 http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/v ... 9&t=134196):

http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/v ... 9&t=132520
"Chuck came in to sign prints and some books, and to discuss upcoming projects like Splicers® and Rifts® comic books. We have big plans for Splicers® next year (like 4-7 new sourcebooks for it)."

Next year in this context was 2013
ETA I did find one more post in August 2012: "Gen Con Report Part 4: Splicers® & Future Books" : http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/v ... 9&t=132896
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

*shrug* it might have been 2, 3, or more years ago that were told 4-6 books in the next year (kevin also promised a total of something like 24 books that year in the post, as i recall). i deliberately don't pay any attention whatsoever to palladium's promises regarding publishing dates until it's something like "i'm sending it off to the printers tonight" or "we just got the final proof back from the printers" or better yet "it is in the office right now and is being shipped to our distributers at this very moment".

anything less solid than a direct statement that those is basically a pipe dream. book is on the final pass of editing and work is being done like crazy? could come out tomorrow, could come out 6 months from now. book is being edited but no mention of final pass? could be 3 months away, but probably more unless it's dead reign. book is next in the pipeline? could be years away, could be he's going to start on it tomorrow. could be pushed back so he can fit in some of the other 20 books he promised this year that have a snowball's chance in hell of actually coming out this year. palladium's pipelines seem to be quite non-euclidean.

in any event, those 4-6 books are in all likelihood the exact same ones we were promised before. they'll most likely come out eventually. one of them might come out this year. and it is almost certain that we won't see them all finished for quite some time.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Shark_Force wrote:in any event, those 4-6 books are in all likelihood the exact same ones we were promised before. they'll most likely come out eventually. one of them might come out this year. and it is almost certain that we won't see them all finished for quite some time.

I believe this is the case. I know that Chuck and Slappy had a large chunk of material that itself may turn into a few books. Then Genetic Expressions and Blood and Iron are both in house.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Wooly
Adventurer

Unread post by Wooly »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:in any event, those 4-6 books are in all likelihood the exact same ones we were promised before. they'll most likely come out eventually. one of them might come out this year. and it is almost certain that we won't see them all finished for quite some time.

I believe this is the case. I know that Chuck and Slappy had a large chunk of material that itself may turn into a few books. Then Genetic Expressions and Blood and Iron are both in house.

I seem to remember reading Carmen Bellaire had enough left over material from the original manuscript to make a source book . Anyone else remember this?
The Galactus Kid

He had talked about it at one point in time, but I thin that went the way of the dodo.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Wooly
Adventurer

Unread post by Wooly »

The Galactus Kid wrote:He had talked about it at one point in time, but I thin that went the way of the dodo.

Must....get.....this.....material! *reaches desperately*

I assume Carmen is still on good terms with Palladium since I saw his at the booth at GenCon2015. So hopefully he could dig up any left over material he has and incorporate it into one of the 4-6 forth coming books.
The Galactus Kid

It all depends on how close to the current trajectory of the line that material is. Carmen is on good terms, but I don't know what that material could contain.

Return to “Splicers®”