Is there a "Most Munckin" in Splicers?

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RiftJunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Is there a "Most Munckin" in Splicers?

Unread post by RiftJunkie »

Challenge! What is the most munchkin Splicer out there?
My apologies up front if my posts come across as argumentative or crass. It is not a personal attack on anyone, just my blunt style. I bear no ill will towards anybody that plays Palladium Games (there’s not enough of us to hold a grudge).
Shark_Force
Palladin

Re: Is there a "Most Munckin" in Splicers?

Unread post by Shark_Force »

well, probably the one that can most readily be munchkinned is outrider. mount, host armour, and human operator combine all their bonuses. this can add up quite quickly to the point where you can dodge just about anything. plus, warmounts are pretty much the only way to get advanced biological enhancements at level 1.

being an outrider doesn't make you a munchkin... but if you are a munchkin, you probably want to be an outrider.
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Guy_LeDouche »

Shark_Force wrote:being an outrider doesn't make you a munchkin... but if you are a munchkin, you probably want to be an outrider.

I'd have to go with Outrider as well. The bonuses they receive are almost obscene; +8 or more to Strike, Parry, Dodge, are pretty easy to get.

The payoff is the Outrider has a massive bullseye painted on their backs. Assault Slayers specifically are programmed to take down War Mounts, Archangels and other flyers, Dreadguard, and Biotics, in that order. I'd have to think the same targeting priority is fairly standard.

Additionally, stealth is almost impossible. The War Mount is the bull in a china shop.
Fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time". Southern fairy tales begin with "Y'all ain't gonna believe this s**t!!"

XBL Gamertag: Guy L3D0uch3

If Keanu Reeves had played Thulsa Doom, he would have told Conan to contemplate on the Tree of Whoa..
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I agree with an Outrider being the best way to becoming a munchkin. One house rule I had when I was actively running Splicers - Outrider's didnt get Host Armor. Instead, they got Living Armor
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Shark_Force
Palladin

NMI wrote:I agree with an Outrider being the best way to becoming a munchkin. One house rule I had when I was actively running Splicers - Outrider's didnt get Host Armor. Instead, they got Living Armor

doesn't necessarily fix much unless you take away their budget for modifying their armour. they can still put most of the same modifiers on it, living armour still has plenty of MDC, and it actually repairs itself faster than host armours in most cases.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Guy_LeDouche wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:being an outrider doesn't make you a munchkin... but if you are a munchkin, you probably want to be an outrider.

I'd have to go with Outrider as well. The bonuses they receive are almost obscene; +8 or more to Strike, Parry, Dodge, are pretty easy to get.

The payoff is the Outrider has a massive bullseye painted on their backs. Assault Slayers specifically are programmed to take down War Mounts, Archangels and other flyers, Dreadguard, and Biotics, in that order. I'd have to think the same targeting priority is fairly standard.

Additionally, stealth is almost impossible. The War Mount is the bull in a china shop.

Yup they are by far the most powerful single OCC but offset by being a gigantic glowing target for the machine and cannot really bring their full power warmounts in any but the most dire fights due to it being nearly impossible to hide/disguise the big ones.

I think gardeners are probably second power level if they are given time to do their thing. Over time even a single gardener could make a truly frightening forrest of death that would chew up armies and spit them out.
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Another vote for Outrider...but while obscenely powerful, its the primary target on the battlefield. Also, once swarmed, they can be ripped up surprisingly quickly if outnumbered.

My favorite robo-tactic is to engage the Outrider in melee, thus it loses its mobility and engages in a slugfest...but even a small group of robots can gnaw away at key systems with called shots.
Shark_Force
Palladin

properly munchkinned, an outrider will take on a small group of robots actually.

it really is not hard to get autododge bonuses well into the teens if you're cheesing the system (and even more ridiculous if you're cheating on attributes when the GM isn't looking, which i don't necessarily put above a person we're calling a munchkin), combined with the penalties for attacking fast targets? then you want to make called shots into that as well, lowering your chance to hit even further?

nah, a well-optimized outrider will eventually struggle with a small group of robots if they can't kill them fast enough, because they can quickly become a large group of robots courtesy of the radios the robots come equipped with. but most robots will struggle really badly against a munchkin outrider. even non-munchkin outriders can be a struggle.

but you're pretty much going to need the robots to be rolling natural 20s to land anything reliably.

Return to “Splicers®”